4 hours (Approx.)
Pickup from select hotels
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Sometimes driving through a small part of the Australian Outback isn’t enough. See the desert from above on a morning hot-air balloon ride. This tour from Alice Springs gets you up in the air near dawn for a scenic ride. Spot wildlife, including the elusive Red Kangaroo, from above, take in views of the landscape, and enjoy sparkling wine afterward.
- See expansive Outback views on this morning hot-air balloon ride
- Choose between two hot-air balloon flight durations
- Get the chance see how the hot-air balloons and ground crew work
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Alice Springs is included for convenience
Saved to wishlist!
30 or 60 minute hot air balloon flight (depending on option selected)
Light refreshments including sparkling wine and fruit juice
Hotel pickup and drop off
GST (Goods and Services Tax)
The listed price does not include the mandatory Civil Aviation Safety Authority Insurance. This insurance charge is AUD$30 per person and applies to all passengers regardless of age. This can be paid by cash, credit card or EFTPOS on the morning of the tour.
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- On occasion, the 60 minute flight time may be two separate, sequential 30 minute flights taken one directly after the other with a short changeover in between the two flights, depending on operational restrictions. Passengers will be notified the day prior should this be the case on the day of their flight.
- Child price applies to 6-16 years and must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children 3-5 years are not recommended but considered on an individual basis.
- Weather Conditions
- Safety is our primary concern and if we are prevented from flying due to unsuitable weather conditions, passengers may either re-book for another day or receive a full refund. The pilot’s decision with regard to flying conditions is final.
- Where possible, the balloon flight should always be booked for the first available day in the area to allow for re-booking in case of bad weather.
- General Health
- Physical fitness is not a requirement to enjoy a ballooning adventure, but passengers must be able to climb up and into the basket (approx. 1.2 metres in height) unaided using the basket foot holes and stand for the duration of the flight.
- Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) rules and regulations and Outback Ballooning’s policy prevent us from flying women who are over 12 weeks pregnant. Pregnancy must be advised in advance.
- Illness and/or recent operations that may affect the person or other persons on the tour must be notified to Outback Ballooning in advance. Medication should be brought on the tour.
- The packing up tasks at the end of the flight are optional and we would appreciate your assistance in these enjoyable activities. However, they do involve some lifting and participation is entirely voluntary. Passengers that are less able bodied are invited to stand back and take photos. Persons with medical conditions participating in the balloon flight and pack up activities do so at their own risk.
- Any form of disablement must be discussed with Outback Ballooning prior to making a booking. Each person is considered on an individual basis.
- The flight and carriage of any passenger will take place at the pilot’s discretion.
- Sparkling Wine
- Fruit juice
- Selection of individually packaged muffins, slices and cookies
- Cheese and biscuits
- Fresh fruit
- Menu subject to change without notice
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 44 travelers
- OPERATED BY Outback Ballooning
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Early Morning Ballooning in Alice Springs?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Early Morning Ballooning in Alice Springs?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Early Morning Ballooning in Alice Springs?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Early Morning Ballooning in Alice Springs?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Explore Similar Things to Do
Hot Air Balloon RidesHalf-day ToursAir, Helicopter & Balloon ToursOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingAlice SpringsHot Air Balloon Rides - Northern TerritoryHalf-day Tours - Northern TerritoryCategory
Finke Gorge National ParkHermannsburg (Ntaria)Royal Flying Doctor Service Alice Springs Tourist Facility (RFDS Museum)Kangaroo SanctuaryLarapinta TrailMbantua Fine Art Gallery and Cultural Museum (Mbantua Aboriginal Art Gallery)Olive Pink Botanic GardenMt. GillenAlice Springs Telegraph Station Historical ReserveOrmiston GorgeTnorala/Gosse Bluff Conservation ReserveAlice Springs Desert Park