- See expansive Outback views on this morning hot-air balloon ride
- Choose between two hot-air balloon flight durations
- Get the chance see how the hot-air balloons and ground crew work
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Alice Springs is included for convenience
Departure & Return
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- On occasion, the 60 minute flight time may be two separate, sequential 30 minute flights taken one directly after the other with a short changeover in between the two flights, depending on operational restrictions. Passengers will be notified the day prior should this be the case on the day of their flight.
- Child price applies to 6-16 years and must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children 3-5 years are not recommended but considered on an individual basis.
- Weather Conditions
- Safety is our primary concern and if we are prevented from flying due to unsuitable weather conditions, passengers may either re-book for another day or receive a full refund. The pilot’s decision with regard to flying conditions is final.
- Where possible, the balloon flight should always be booked for the first available day in the area to allow for re-booking in case of bad weather.
- General Health
- Physical fitness is not a requirement to enjoy a ballooning adventure, but passengers must be able to climb up and into the basket (approx. 1.2 metres in height) unaided using the basket foot holes and stand for the duration of the flight.
- Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) rules and regulations and Outback Ballooning’s policy prevent us from flying women who are over 12 weeks pregnant. Pregnancy must be advised in advance.
- Illness and/or recent operations that may affect the person or other persons on the tour must be notified to Outback Ballooning in advance. Medication should be brought on the tour.
- The packing up tasks at the end of the flight are optional and we would appreciate your assistance in these enjoyable activities. However, they do involve some lifting and participation is entirely voluntary. Passengers that are less able bodied are invited to stand back and take photos. Persons with medical conditions participating in the balloon flight and pack up activities do so at their own risk.
- Any form of disablement must be discussed with Outback Ballooning prior to making a booking. Each person is considered on an individual basis.
- The flight and carriage of any passenger will take place at the pilot’s discretion.
- Sparkling Wine
- Fruit juice
- Selection of individually packaged muffins, slices and cookies
- Cheese and biscuits
- Fresh fruit
- Menu subject to change without notice
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 44 travelers
- OPERATED BY Outback Ballooning
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff