4 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Pickup from select hotels
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
The soaring red cliffs, rocky gorges, and natural waterholes of the West MacDonnell Ranges lie just west of Alice Springs. With this half-day tour, take in some of the highlights, including Flynn’s Grave Memorial, the gorge and waterhole of Simpsons Gap, and the steep canyon of Standley Chasm. Along the way, learn more about Australian history and outback life from your guide, and look out for wildlife such as black-footed rock wallabies.
- Magnificent views as you drive through the Australian outback
- Two short guided walks at Simpsons Gap and Standley Chasm
- Traditional Aussie morning tea included with the tour
- Hassle-free pickup and drop-off at your Alice Springs hotel
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pick-up and drop-off from selected Alice Springs hotels
Experienced local driver-guide
Entry to Simpsons Gap
Entry to Standley Chasm
Travel in a comfortable, air-conditioned coach
Onboard USB chargers
Food and drink not mentioned
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick-ups commence prior to the tour start time. You will be collected from the hotel you have selected in the drop down list during the booking process. Your hotel pick-up time will be displayed on your voucher. If you wish to change your pick-up location from the one selected, you must call the operator at least 24 hrs prior to travel. If your hotel does not appear on the drop down list, the operator does not pick-up from your hotel. Please phone the operator to arrange an alternate pick-up time and location.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 21 travelers
- OPERATED BY AAT Kings
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during West MacDonnell Ranges- Half Day Trip from Alice Springs?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during West MacDonnell Ranges- Half Day Trip from Alice Springs?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
West MacDonnell Ranges- Half Day Trip from Alice Springs
4 hours 30 minutes
2 hours 30 minutes
5 hours 20 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsBus ToursExtremeHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingAlice Springs4WD Tours - Northern TerritorySporting Events - Northern TerritoryBus Tours - Northern TerritoryExtreme - Northern TerritoryHalf-day Tours - Northern TerritoryCategory
Alice Springs Telegraph Station Historical Reserve Tours & TicketsLarapinta Trail Tours & TicketsMbantua Fine Art Gallery and Cultural Museum (Mbantua Aboriginal Art Gallery) Tours & TicketsOlive Pink Botanic Garden Tours & TicketsRoyal Flying Doctor Service Alice Springs Tourist Facility (RFDS Museum) Tours & TicketsFinke Gorge National Park Tours & TicketsMt. Gillen Tours & TicketsHermannsburg (Ntaria) Tours & TicketsKangaroo Sanctuary Tours & TicketsAlice Springs Desert Park Tours & TicketsTnorala/Gosse Bluff Conservation Reserve Tours & TicketsOrmiston Gorge Tours & Tickets