- Full-day private tour of Jerash, Ajloun Castle, and Umm Qais from Amman
- See classical Jerash, once a major Greek and Roman city
- Admire the well-preserved Hadrian’s Arch, Colonnaded Street, Oval Colonnade and more
- Explore 12th-century Ajloun Castle, built by Saladin’s forces against the Crusaders
- Visit Greco-Roman Umm Qais, seeing its theaters, plazas, and mausoleum
- Includes private round-trip transport, with local guides and admission fees at own expense
- Price per vehicle, based on maximum of three passengers
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pickup Point: From Any Hotel In Amman
Return point: Returns to original departure point
What To Expect
One of the world’s best-preserved classical sites, Jerash was a prosperous Greek and Roman city. Founded by Alexander the Great around 331 BC, the city—then called Gerasa—reached its peak after the Roman conquest in 63 BC, later becoming one of the 10 great Decapolis cities of the east.
Arrive at the gate and choose to explore independently or hire a local guide (own expense). Then, head inside (own expense) to inspect the timeworn streets, plazas, bathhouses, and other remains. See highlights like the 2nd-century Hadrian's Arch and 15,000-seater Hippodrome arena, and admire the Oval Colonnade, Temple of Artemis, and Colonnaded Street.
Then, travel to nearby Ajloun Castle, a 12th-century fortress built by the forces of Saladin to defend against Crusader incursions. The hilltop edifice is a stunning example of medieval Arab-Islamic military architecture and was built to dominate three major passages into northwest Jordan. Go inside (own expense) and look around the towers, corridors, and small museum, absorbing the historical atmosphere and scenic views.
Re-join your driver and continue further north to Umm Qais, where the remnants of another Roman Decapolis city known as Gadara cover a hillside.
Drink in the views from the hill to the Golan Heights, Lake Tiberius, and Jordan Valley, and opt to explore independently or take a locally guided tour (own expense). View the Greco-Roman remains, seeing highlights such as the mausoleum, basilica terrace, and theaters.
Finally, reconvene with your driver and return to Amman, where your tour ends with a drop-off at any central location of your choosing.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY R&H VIP Transportation Services & Car Rental
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
See all safety measures taken by Full-Day Tour: Umm Qais, Jerash, and Ajloun from Amman.