Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Private 10-hour old and modern Amman sightseeing tour
- Tour the ruins at Amman's Citadel and Citadel Archaeological Museum
- Visit the Jordan Museum, Roman Theatre, and Museum of Popular Traditions
- Visit the King Abdullah Blue Mosque, Coptic Church, and Royal Automobile Museum
- Stroll along Rainbow Street and browse the wares at Al Bukaria Souk
- Guided Citadel tour, plus most entrance fees, and lunch at local restaurant included
- Private transport by air-conditioned vehicle, including hotel pickup and hotel drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Hotel in Amman
Dates: Daily, except Tuesday and Friday
Return point: Returns to original departure point
What To Expect
Stop at the Jordan Museum, in the Ras Al-Ayn district. This modern museum hosts a wide collection of artifacts discovered at archaeological sites across the country. Head inside to view the displays, including relics from Petra and parts of the Dead Sea Scrolls, and then enjoy free time at Al Bukaria Souk, an alleyway stuffed with antique, jewelry, and craft shops.
Next, climb up to Amman Citadel, and drink in the sweeping views over old Amman. Meet a local guide and tour the Citadel's ruins, including the Roman Temple of Hercules, and 8th-century Umayyad Palace, as you learn about their history.
Take a tour of the Citadel’s Archaeological Museum and then return to the city streets to visit King Abdullah Mosque. Admire the magnificent blue dome of this modern mosque, and visit the neighboring Coptic Church before heading for the historical Jabal Al-Webdeih area, famous for its bohemian vibe and art galleries.
Then, stroll along Rainbow Street, Amman’s colorful arts and shopping hotspot, passing the Jordan River Foundation and residence of King Talal. Admire the chic houses and malls of the Abdoun and Swefieh areas, and visit the impressive Roman Theatre, a 1st-century amphitheatre that accommodated 6,000 spectators.
Visit the nearby Museum of Popular Traditions to see its exhibition of traditional dress and jewelry, and take in leafy King Hussein Garden, home to the King Hussein Mosque. Look around the vintage, royalty-owned cars at the Royal Automobile Museum, and then finish your tour with a delicious mezze lunch at a local restaurant.
After your meal, request a drop-off at one of Amman’s modern malls to conclude your tour, or alternatively, enjoy a hotel drop-off.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Note: The order of visits may vary respecting the content.
- Dress code at the Mosque – Women should wear attire covering their arms and legs and should cover their head with scarf. Men should wear normal shirt and trousers.
- Most local tourist restaurants in Jordan are non-alcoholic
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- OPERATED BY Zaid Tours and Travel
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Private Amman Tour: Jordan Museum, King Abdullah Mosque, Roman Theatre, Citadel, Rainbow Street and Royal Automobile Museum with Lunch.