Explore our promoted experiences
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
When you book, take care to list any special interests you have, such as art, history or culture, so your driver can prepare for your private tour in advance if necessary.
Then, sit back and relax as you journey south through Jordan. As you travel, gaze at the desert landscapes and hear tales of Petra’s history. Hewn into a sandstone valley by the Nabataean people some 2,000 years ago, this ancient rose-red rock city was located at the crossroads of age-old trading routes.
After a while, pass by Little Petra, a small rocky valley of carved Nabataean-era buildings that archaeologists believe was a suburb of Petra, and acted as an accommodation stop for the traders who traveled through the city.
See some of the carvings here, and then continue to the main Petra site. On arrival, leave your vehicle, and enjoy a 2-hour tour of this UNESCO-listed wonder with a local guide provided by the Authority of Petra under the Ministry of Tourism.
Walk or ride a horse through the famous Siq, the narrow 1-mile (1.5 kilometer) rock fissure that was once the city’s entrance, and marvel at your first glimpse of the hauntingly beautiful Treasury (El Khazneh) as the canyon suddenly opens up.
Admire this rose-pink masterpiece, originally built to house priceless treasures and capture it on camera. Then, walk through the widening canyon to witness other buildings such as the 3,000-seater Theatre, Royal Tombs and the High Place of Sacrifice, a clifftop altar that was once used for animal sacrifices and other ceremonies.
As you explore, listen as your guide describes how the Nabataeans sculpted the buildings, and learn how they mastered the harsh desert conditions to make their lives here.
After around two hours of exploring, return to Petra’s entrance and rejoin your private vehicle and driver. Then, journey back to Amman, where your day trip ends with a hotel drop-off.
Please note: please wear comfortable shoes and bring a sunhat for this unforgettable adventure.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking.
- Airport Pick-up and Drop-off by request.
- Contact your local operator (phone number, emergency mobile number, or email address) a day before to reconfirm pick-up arrangements provided in your voucher.
- For Jordan Pass holders that purchased tour activity with entrance fees, please inform us to reimburse the entrance fees in destination.
- Clients are advised to bring hats, sun screen, and comfortable walking shoes.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Tour activity is provided in English. For other languages (Spanish, Portuguese, French, and German) by request.
- Mobile SIM cards including Wi-Fi are available with assistance of our team upon request and can be subject to a small additional charge approximately: 20 USD. (Prices subject to change by the communication company).
- For clients with mobility issues and for Golf Cart services at Petra please contact us.
- Most local tourist restaurants in Jordan do not serve alcohol, if you do not want a dry restaurant please contact us.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Zaid Tours and Travel
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Private Petra Day Trip Including Little Petra from Amman.