8 to 12 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Challenge yourself by climbing the Acatenango volcano. Your experienced bilingual guide will lead you on a roughly 6-hour climb, passing through cornfields and a cloud forest before reaching the ashy volcanic landscape. Acatenango is inactive but grants incredible views of Fuego, an active volcano nearby. Enjoy a picnic at the top before descending. Climbers are encouraged to bring good shoes, a fleece, raincoat, sunglasses, and sunblock.
- Check out the smoke and lava of an active volcano
- Bilingual guide with climbing experience and knowledge of the area
- Picnic at the top of a volcano
- Convenient transport to and from Antigua
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Entrance fees of 50 Quetzales per person, to be paid upon arrival to the volcano (where you start the hike)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pick-up from any hotel, place or address inside Antigua Guatemala.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- We will supply a 2 L water bottle per person, but please bring more water if you feel you should need it. Also bring a small back pack to carry the lunch, good shoes, good jacket, sunglasses, sunscreen, rain jacket.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Adora Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Acatenango Volcano Day Hike from Antigua?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Acatenango Volcano Day Hike from Antigua?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Acatenango Volcano Day Hike from Antigua?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Product code: 39641P2
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsHikingExtremeWalking & Biking ToursSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingAntigua4WD Tours - Central HighlandsSporting Events - Central HighlandsHiking - Central HighlandsExtreme - Central Highlands4WD Tours - Guatemala CitySporting Events - Guatemala CityHiking - Guatemala CityExtreme - Guatemala City4WD Tours - PanajachelSporting Events - PanajachelHiking - PanajachelExtreme - PanajachelCategory
Santa Catalina Arch (Arco de Santa Catalina)Jade Factory and Museum (Jade Maya)AcatenangoLas Capuchinas (Convento de Las Capuchinas)Catedral de Santiago (Antigua Cathedral)Casa Santo Domingo (Monasterio de Santo Domingo)Museum of Colonial Art (Museo de Arte Colonial)Antigua City Hall (Palacio del Ayuntamiento)Palace of the Captains General (Palacio de los Capitanes Generales)