7 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Get a taste for Antigua’s unique food scene during this fun-filled 7-hour cooking and shopping excursion. Learn the fundamentals of Guatemalan cuisine, and its Spanish and Mayan roots, while shopping for raw ingredients at the Antigua Market. Then bring your haul to the kitchen, where an expert chef helps you prepare a main course, two sides and dessert. After enjoying your handiwork for lunch, visit the Chocolate Museum to learn about the production of this tasty foodstuff, followed by a chocolate-making session. A guide and all entrance fees are included.
- Visit the Antigua Market, take a cooking class and explore the Chocolate Museum on this food-themed tour
- Discover the origins of Guatemalan cuisine and its hybrid Spanish and Mayan roots at the Antigua Market
- Shop for fresh local ingredients like peppers, corn and beans to use in your cooking session
- Follow the instructions of an expert chef as you prepare a main dish, two sides and dessert for lunch
- Learn about the origins of chocolate and production process at the Chocolate Museum
- Create a handmade chocolate bar souvenir to remember your visit
Saved to wishlist!
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pick up time will be within 15 minutes of the established departure time in your confirmation.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Guatemalan Adventure
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Antigua Market Cooking Class and Choco Museum in Antigua?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Antigua Market Cooking Class and Choco Museum in Antigua?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Antigua Market Cooking Class and Choco Museum in Antigua?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Antigua Market Cooking Class and Choco Museum in Antigua?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Antigua Market Cooking Class and Choco Museum in Antigua
Explore Similar Things to Do
Unique ExperiencesBus ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursTours & SightseeingUnique ExperiencesAntiguaUnique Experiences - Central HighlandsBus Tours - Central HighlandsFull-day Tours - Central HighlandsUnique Experiences - Guatemala CityBus Tours - Guatemala CityFull-day Tours - Guatemala CityUnique Experiences - PanajachelBus Tours - PanajachelFull-day Tours - PanajachelCategory
Santa Catalina Arch (Arco de Santa Catalina) Tours & TicketsAntigua City Hall (Palacio del Ayuntamiento) Tours & TicketsPalace of the Captains General (Palacio de los Capitanes Generales) Tours & TicketsCasa Santo Domingo (Monasterio de Santo Domingo) Tours & TicketsCatedral de Santiago (Antigua Cathedral) Tours & TicketsAcatenango Tours & TicketsJade Factory and Museum (Jade Maya) Tours & TicketsLas Capuchinas (Convento de Las Capuchinas) Tours & TicketsMuseum of Colonial Art (Museo de Arte Colonial) Tours & Tickets