Are you interested in?
- Overnight trip to Copan and Quirigua from Antigua
- Explore the UNESCO World Heritage sites of Copan and Quirigua with your knowledgeable guide
- Learn about the intriguing history of each archeological site
- 1 night of accommodation, breakfast and all entrance fees included
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
What To Expect
Start your trip with a pickup from your Antigua hotel at 6am on the first day, proceeding on a picturesque drive through Guatemala and across the border into Honduras. Your first stop is at Copán, a UNESCO World Heritage site situated just 37 miles (60 km) over the Honduras border. This intricately-designed metropolis is renowned as one of the best examples of the Pre-Columbian Mayan culture. Follow your guide as you explore the vast plazas, temples and carvings of the site, representing more than 4,000 total structures.
Make a special trip to investigate Copán’s Great Plaza, found on the northern edge of the city, before proceeding on to visit Altar Q, a highly detailed monument that chronicles the succession of 16 kings that ruled this ancient city. Stop for lunch at your own expense in Copán, followed by an afternoon of free time to wander the ruins at your leisure before spending the night at your included hotel room.
On the second day, grab an early breakfast at your hotel continuing on to your second UNESCO World Heritage-listed site at Quirigua. This unique archaeological site, located 31 miles (50 km) from Copán, is famous for having the tallest stela, or commemorative stone pillars, in all of the Mayan world. Check out Quirigua’s Gran Plaza before spending some time admiring its various stelae, the highest of which is more than 32 feet (10m) tall. Take time for lunch in Quirigua before heading back to Antigua for drop-off at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Guatemalan Adventure
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Copan and Quirigua Overnight Trip from Antigua.