- Full-day private tour of Avignon, Orange, and Chateau Neuf du Pape from Arles
- Explore the UNESCO-listed monuments of Avignon
- Marvel at the impressively preserved Roman ruins of Orange
- Enjoy wine tasting in at a Châteauneuf du Pape winery (own expense)
- This private tour can be customized to your interests and ensures you’ll receive personalized attention from your guide
Departure & Return
What To Expect
As you approach the grand medieval city, listen as your guide explains its importance, as the former city of the Popes. After admiring the remarkably preserved city walls, hop out to explore the UNESCO-listed historic center, marvel at the magnificent Popes' Palace (entrance tickets not included), and spot landmarks such as the Saint-Benezet bridge, made famous in the children's song ‘Sur le Pont d'Avignon’.
Continue to Orange, where your guide will take you on a tour of the city’s impressive Roman ruins. After admiring the Triumphal Arch and Roman amphitheater – one of the finest of the Roman world – enjoy free time for lunch (own expense) at one of the city’s cafés or restaurants.
In the afternoon, enjoy a scenic drive through the vineyards of the Châteauneuf du Pape wine region, stopping to enjoy wine tasting at a local winery.
On return to Arles, your tour ends back at the departure point around 5pm.
Please note: entrance fees and wine tasting are not included.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Provence Reservation
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands