10 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Face masks provided for travelers
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
See the ancient marvel of Abu Simbel on a private day trip from Aswan. Journey southward by private, air-conditioned vehicle as your personal guide shares tales of the 3,400-year-old complex, a masterwork of ancient Egyptian engineering beside Lake Nasser. Awe at the two temples, graced by colossi of Ramses II and his wife Nefertari, and tour the Great Temple’s statue-lined halls and battle reliefs. While you explore, hear the incredible story of the temples’ 1960s relocation to protect them from flooding after the building of the Aswan High Dam.
- Private day trip by road from Aswan to Abu Simbel, with private air-conditioned transport
- Venture south to the cliff-cut UNESCO-listed complex, overlooking Lake Nasser
- Learn about the history of the two temples, built by Ramses II in the 13th century BC
- Ogle the gigantic colossi of Ramses II and Nefertari at the temple gateways
- Admire the statues and engraved battle scenes inside the Great Temple
- Hear how the temples were relocated in the 1960s to protect them from rising Lake Nasser
- Enjoy in-depth attention and personalized commentary from a private Egyptologist guide
Saved to wishlist!
All service charges and taxes
English-speaking professional guide (Optional)
Entry fees (Optional)
Lunch at local Restaurant (Optional)
Private, air-conditioned transportation
Snacks and Bottled water
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
El-Shaheed Abd El-Fattah Hassanein, Sheyakhah Thalethah, Qism Aswan, Aswan Governorate, Egypt
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Emo Tours Egypt
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Day Tour to Abu Simbel Temples from Aswan?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Day Tour to Abu Simbel Temples from Aswan?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private Day Tour to Abu Simbel Temples from Aswan?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Day Tour to Abu Simbel Temples from Aswan?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Still Have Questions?
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursArchaeology ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingAswanBus Tours - LuxorArchaeology Tours - LuxorHistorical Tours - LuxorFull-day Tours - LuxorBus Tours - Marsa AlamArchaeology Tours - Marsa AlamHistorical Tours - Marsa AlamFull-day Tours - Marsa AlamBus Tours - Abu SimbelArchaeology Tours - Abu SimbelHistorical Tours - Abu SimbelFull-day Tours - Abu SimbelCategory