2 to 3 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Negotiating with camel drivers is a real Egypt low point—and the visitor never wins. Enjoy all the fun of a bumpy, humpy ride with none of the haggling as you steer your steed to St. Simeon Monastery, a fortress-like 7th-century monastery on Elephantine Island. Your guide will collect you from your hotel or port, accompany you on the ferry, help with your camel, and show you the ruins.
- Ride a camel from the boat landing to the southern tip of Elephantine Island
- Explore 7th-century St. Simeon Monastery with a guide
- Beat the heat with bottled water on demand
- Take it easy with door-to-door round-trip transfers
Saved to wishlist!
Qualified Egyptologist guide
Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
7:00 am (Earlier or later departures are available from centrally located Aswan hotels)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Your Egypt Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Excursion to St Simeon's Monastery?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Excursion to St Simeon's Monastery?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Excursion to St Simeon's Monastery?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Excursion to St Simeon's Monastery?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Excursion to St Simeon's Monastery
2 to 3 hours
3 hours 30 minutes
4 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursNature and WildlifeHistorical ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingAswanBus Tours - LuxorNature and Wildlife - LuxorHistorical Tours - LuxorBus Tours - Marsa AlamNature and Wildlife - Marsa AlamHistorical Tours - Marsa AlamBus Tours - Abu SimbelNature and Wildlife - Abu SimbelHistorical Tours - Abu SimbelCategory