- Sightseeing tour of Athens, combining modern Athens with the city’s ancient sites
- See top Athens attractions such as the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Constitution Square and Panathenaic Stadium
- Visit the Roman Temple of Olympian Zeus and learn about ancient Athens
- Explore the Acropolis of Athens and see the world-famous Parthenon temple
- Upgrade to include an entrance ticket to Athens Acropolis Museum
- Transport by luxury air-conditioned coach with free WiFi
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Hear insightful commentary from your guide, and pass top Athens attractions including the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Greek Parliament building, and Presidential Palace, the home of Greece’s royals until the monarchy ended in 1974.
See the Panathenaic Stadium, the venue of the first modern Olympic Games in 1896. Then, drive along Panepistimiou Avenue to snap photos of the National Library and one of Greece’s most revered orthodox churches.
After your coach tour, see two Athens’ historical treasures on foot. View the exterior of the Temple of Olympian Zeus — a gigantic, semi-ruined edifice completed in the 2nd century AD—as your guide explains its turbulent history.
Continue to Athens’ showpiece: the Acropolis. Stroll up to the UNESCO-listed site that served as the ancient citadel, and tour the buildings as you hear how they reflected Athens’ prosperity in the 5th century BC.
Admire the magnificent Parthenon, and see monuments including the Propylaea gateway and stunning Temple of Athena Nike. After time to explore the rest of the site independently, return to your coach and end your tour back at the start point.
Morning Tour plus Acropolis Museum: Make the most of your time at the Acropolis by upgrading the morning tour to include entry to the Athens Acropolis Museum, one of the world’s top museums.
Show your entrance ticket and explore independently. Walk around the spectacular Parthenon Hall to ogle the incredible sculptures of the Parthenon frieze, and roam the other galleries to view more than 4,000 other ancient objects.
Your ticket lets you spend as long as you wish inside the museum.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Due to COVID19 protocols all tourists must have smartphones with headphones and charged batteries to listen their guide in the museums and arch. sites due to the social distancies.
- IMPORTANT: Due to existing Civid 19 protocols please have with your copy of your Vaccination or PCR test
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- French speaking available ONLY on Monday,Wednesday,Friday and Sunday.
- Very important: Children , students aged 5 to 18 years old must hold passport or ID in order to get the discounted price. Otherwise they will pay entrance ticket to the Archaelogical sites or Museums.
- Guides allowed only through the mobile App to guide in the archaeological sites and museums
- Your guide will give you your entry tickets to the sites and museums
- Port or private apartment pickup are not available
- Afternnon tour only with English speaking guide
- Social distancing: Maintain distance of 1.5 meters
- Mask: is mandatory for clients and staff
- Hand cleaning: Visitors are asked to wash their hands regularly and use the hand sanitizers that are in place.
- Most travelers can participate
- People with fever (≧ 37 ℃) with issues like cold, runny nose, sneezing, sore throat, mild cough, or shortness breath cannot participate.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY CHAT Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Athens Half-Day Sightseeing Tour.