2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Discover a side of Athens beyond the ancient monuments and crowded tourist spots with a private guide well-versed in the Greek capital’s counterculture. Check out hip cafes, art galleries, bookshops, and public spaces tucked into lively neighborhoods that most tourists miss. Learn about the social and political movements that inspired vibrant street art, enjoy the views from a secret lookout point, and taste a treat from a favorite local bakery.
- Ditch the guidebook and explore modern Athens with a private guide
- Learn about daily life in the Greek capital and see where young locals hang out
- Visit independent bookstores, quirky cafes, and creative spaces
- Stop for a 'koulouri’ snack at an authentic bakery
Saved to wishlist!
Due to post Covid-19 policy this tour has a limited amount of participants
Tips and tricks about the local way and information on Covid-19 regulations from our local guide
Your local host will reach you to make sure all precautionary measures are taken
Private experience only for you and your family/friends with social distance involved
Pick-up or drop-off
Departure & Return
Ermou 111, Athina 105 55, Greece
Please meet at your host at Kafeneion 111 on Ermou street 111
Anexartisias, Athina 114 73, Greece
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Post Covid-19 regulations are applied to this product with regards to the number of participants, delivery methods of the tour and content of the tour.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Withlocals
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Withlocals Off-the-Beaten-Track Private Covid-19 Regulated Tour in Athens?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the social distancing policy during Withlocals Off-the-Beaten-Track Private Covid-19 Regulated Tour in Athens?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Withlocals Off-the-Beaten-Track Private Covid-19 Regulated Tour in Athens?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Withlocals Off-the-Beaten-Track Private Covid-19 Regulated Tour in Athens
1 hour 30 minutes
3 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Food ToursCity ToursMarketsWalking ToursArt ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursFood, Wine & NightlifeLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingAthensFood Tours - OlympiaCity Tours - OlympiaMarkets - OlympiaWalking Tours - OlympiaArt Tours - OlympiaFood Tours - SantoriniCity Tours - SantoriniMarkets - SantoriniWalking Tours - SantoriniArt Tours - SantoriniFood Tours - IzmirCity Tours - IzmirMarkets - IzmirWalking Tours - IzmirArt Tours - IzmirCategory
Hellenic Motor MuseumTheatre of DionysusNumismatic Museum of AthensAcropolis Museum (Museo Akropoleos)AnafiotikaChurch of Panagia KapnikareaFloating Naval Museum—Battleship Georgios AverofVouliagmeni Beach (Akti Vouliagmenis)Athens War Museum (Polemiko Mouseio)Piraeus Cruise PortMuseum of Cycladic ArtIlias Lalaounis Jewelry MuseumPlakaFrissiras MuseumByzantine & Christian MuseumOnassis Cultural CentreMetropolitan Cathedral of Athens (Mitropoli)Temple of HephaestusPropylaeaGoulandris Natural History Museum