- See top Athens attractions Syntagma Square, Plaka, and Lysicrates Monument
- Explore the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Acropolis with your guide, visiting incredible ruins like the Parthenon and Temple of Athena Nike
- Travel to Cape Sounion by luxury coach on your afternoon tour, passing the Saronic Gulf’s beaches
- Visit the Temple of Poseidon and see graffiti left by esteemed English poet Lord Byron
Departure & Return
Syntagma square , opposite of the National Garden
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Next, stretch your legs around the National Gardens, and admire sights like Zappeion Congress Hall, Hadrian's Arch and the Temple of Olympian Zeus.
Continue through the paved streets of Plaka—the heart of Athens’ Old Town—and then follow the pedestrianized Dionyssiou Areopagitou walkway up to the UNESCO-listed Acropolis.
At the top, enter (own expense) this magnificent complex of sun-baked temples and take a guided tour of its star attractions. Stroll around the Temple of Athena Nike and the Propylaea, the Acropolis’ gateway, as you learn about their history; and marvel at the centerpiece: the Parthenon.
Having explored the main monuments, your tour finishes at the Acropolis. Say goodbye to your guide and enjoy leisure time before the start of your afternoon trip.
Afternoon Cape Sounion and Temple of Poseidon Trip: In the afternoon, reconvene with your coach and leave Athens behind as you venture south to Cape Sounion. Along the way, admire the picturesque beaches of the Saronic Gulf and hear stories of the Cape, the rocky promontory at the tip of the Attica peninsula, and its famous, ancient Temple of Poseidon.
On arrival, walk up to the temple, built high on cliffs overlooking the Aegean Sea. Take in the phenomenal sea views and if the weather is clear, cast your eyes over the island of Kea in the distance. Admire the Doric columns of the 5th-century BC temple, and discover the Greek myths that surround the building. Be sure, too, to check out the inscription carved by the English poet Lord Byron on one of the columns in the early 1800s. Afterward, return to Athens where your tour concludes at your hotel or the closest point to your accommodation.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Very important: Children , students aged 5 to 18 years old must hold passport or ID in order to get the discounted price. Otherwise they will pay entrance ticket to the Archaelogical sites or Museums.
- Guides allowed only through the mobile App to guide in the archaeological sites and museums
- No tours on Christmas Day, New Years Day and Orthodox Easter
- Due to COVID19 protocols all tourists must have smartphones with headphones and charged batteries to listen their guide in the museums and arch. sites due to the social distancies.
- Mask: is mandatory for clients and staff
- People with fever (≧ 37 ℃) with issues like cold, runny nose, sneezing, sore throat, mild cough, or shortness breath cannot participate.
- Most travelers can participate
- Social distancing: Maintain distance of 1.5 meters
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY CHAT Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Athens Super Saver: Acropolis Walking Tour plus Cape Sounion and Temple of Poseidon Half-Day Trip.
- "Go anytime other than the summer as it becomes very crowded then." See review