8 to 9 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
If you’re only in Athens for a day or so, you can still see the major highlights in Athens and nearby Cape Sounion. Avoid wasting time hailing taxis or hiring a car; instead, get around with a chauffeur-driven car and spend that time exploring more of this ancient city. Enjoy a whistlestop tour of the city’s major landmarks, including the Acropolis and the Acropolis Museum, before heading out to Cape Sounion to visit the Temple of Poseidon, perched on a cliff at the southernmost point of Attica.
- Don’t just see the Acropolis: with this tour, you can see it all!
- Save time and see multiple Athens and Sounio highlights in a day
- Don’t wait around for slow tour companions on this private tour
- Perfect for short stopovers: pick-up available from Athens Airport or Piraeus Port
Saved to wishlist!
WiFi on board
Athens hotel/ Piraeus port/ Athens airport pickup and drop-off
Native English speaking professional drivers with deep knowledge of history
Official tour guide (optional)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
This is a private tour. Only your group will participate. The pick-up time is adjustable upon your request.
Your personal driver will pick you up and return you to the same place or at the point you prefer.
In case of a hotel, he will be waiting for you at the hotel lobby.
In case of an apartment, he will be waiting for you at the entrance of the building.
For airport pick up, he will be waiting for you at the arrival hall holding a sign with your name on it to spot him upon arrival. We will track your flight and our driver will be there on time.
For port pick up, he will be waiting for you at the gate, just as you disembark, holding a sign with your name on it to spot him upon arrival.
- Athens Intl Airport, Attiki Odos, Spata 190 04 Greece
- Piraeus port, Pireas 185 38, Greece
- Bay of Zea
- Bay of Alimos/ Kalamaki
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Our drivers are not official tour guides, but they are knowledgeable and can provide fascinating commentary in fluent English. Although they will not enter the archaeological sites with you, they can answer all of your questions about the places you visit with this tour.
- Most travelers can participate
- Our company complies with all the health instructions of the World Health Organization about COVID-19
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY My Athens Transfers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Athens city, Athenian riviera and Cape Sounio full day private tour?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Athens city, Athenian riviera and Cape Sounio full day private tour?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Athens city, Athenian riviera and Cape Sounio full day private tour?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Athens city, Athenian riviera and Cape Sounio full day private tour?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Because of the marathon that day in Athens, some roads were restricted, but our driver took us to all the "Must see" places in an itinerary that saved wait time at the venues." See review
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsBus ToursCity ToursArchaeology ToursPorts of Call ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsShore ExcursionsLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingAthensShore Excursions - KatakoloBus Tours - KatakoloCity Tours - KatakoloArchaeology Tours - KatakoloPorts of Call Tours - KatakoloShore Excursions - SantoriniBus Tours - SantoriniCity Tours - SantoriniArchaeology Tours - SantoriniPorts of Call Tours - SantoriniShore Excursions - IzmirBus Tours - IzmirCity Tours - IzmirArchaeology Tours - IzmirPorts of Call Tours - IzmirCategory
Odeon of Herodes Atticus (Odeio Irodou Attikou)Numismatic Museum of AthensMikrolimanoAnafiotikaUniversity of AthensBenaki MuseumKotzia Square (Plateia Kotzia)Ilias Lalaounis Jewelry MuseumMetropolitan Cathedral of Athens (Mitropoli)Olympic Stadium (OAKA)National Library of Greece (Ethnikí Vivliothíki tis Elládos)Byzantine & Christian MuseumGhika Gallery (Pinakothiki Ghika)Mt. Parnassus (Parnassos)Monastiraki Vouliagmeni Lake (Limni Vouliagmenis)Goulandris Natural History MuseumPiraeus Cruise PortAttica Zoological ParkPropylaea