2 days (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Join this comprehensive tour of the Meteora rock formations and spend two days taking in extraordinary views of central Greece in the clear morning light and as the sun sets. Visit all of this UNESCO World Heritage Site’s historic, precipitously-placed Eastern Orthodox monasteries; this small group tour gives you time to explore these stunning sites, so there’s no need to sign up for a large group tour and run the risk of missing out.
- Don’t stress about organization: your accommodation and transport is pre-arranged
- Learn more about the history of Meteora from your small group’s guide
- Hotel and train station transfers are included as part of your transport
- Don’t run out of data: upload your snaps to Instagram with your transport’s free WiFi
Saved to wishlist!
One night 3* hotel accommodation with breakfast (4* extra cost)
Round Trip Train Tickets
Sunset Meteora Tour – ( 1st day )
Morning OR Hiking Meteora Tour – ( 2nd day )
Highly educated, English speaking, Tour Leader
Lux Mini Bus during the tours
Hotel Pickup / Drop off (for the tours)
Pickup & Transfer from Kalabaka Train Station to your hotel.
Pickup / Drop off from Hotel in Athens to the Train Station.
Entrance fees of Monasteries (3 euro each)
Stayover hotel tax paid personally in reception (1.5€/room 3* hotel, 3€/room 4* hotel)
Meals and soft drinks
Guide iinside the monasteries
Departure & Return
Athens 104 44, Greece
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Departure place: Athens Train Station (Larissis Station)
- Meeting point: Kalabaka Train Station (we will hold a sign with your name)
- Train tickets will be sent to your email 3 days before your trip or immediately if it is a last minute reservation
- It is not necessary to print the train tickets you can just have it on your phone
- Visitors inside monasteries must be dressed modestly. Women must wear long skirts and long-sleeved blouses.Men must wear long pants and long-sleeved shirts. For the ladies skirts are provided free in the entrance of the monasteries.
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Meteora Thrones -Travel Center
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during METEORA - 2 Days by Train from Athens - including 2 Guided Meteora tours - Daily?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during METEORA - 2 Days by Train from Athens - including 2 Guided Meteora tours - Daily?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during METEORA - 2 Days by Train from Athens - including 2 Guided Meteora tours - Daily?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during METEORA - 2 Days by Train from Athens - including 2 Guided Meteora tours - Daily?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Explore Similar Things to Do
Multi-day ToursMulti-day & Extended ToursTours & SightseeingAthensMulti-day Tours - KatakoloMulti-day Tours - SantoriniMulti-day Tours - IzmirCategory
National History Museum (Ethnikó Istorikó Mouseío)Goulandris Natural History MuseumOnassis Cultural CentreTemple of HephaestusChoragic Monument of LysicratesMikrolimanoSyntagma StationKotzia Square (Plateia Kotzia)Byzantine & Christian MuseumAnafiotikaNational Gardens of Athens (Ethnikos Kipos)Megalo KavouriErechtheionAdrianou StreetPropylaeaAcademy of Athens (Akadimía Athinón)Odeon of Herodes Atticus (Odeio Irodou Attikou)Eugenides Foundation PlanetariumNational Library of Greece (Ethnikí Vivliothíki tis Elládos)Mt. Parnassus (Parnassos)