7 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Pickup from select hotels
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Get acquainted with Athens on this private, full-day walking tour. Visit the Greek capital’s crowing glory, the Acropolis of Athens, for an up-close look its world-famous treasures, including the Temple of Athena Nike and the Parthenon. Then, explore the buzzing neighborhoods of Psiri, Plaka and Monastiraki, where you’ll learn about local life and taste homegrown produce such as meat, wine and cheese. This private tour also ensures you’ll receive the undivided attention of your very own guide throughout.
- Private, full-day walking tour of Athens’ ancient and modern highlights, led by an expert guide
- Visit the UNESCO-listed Acropolis of Athens and see famous monuments such as the Parthenon and the Ancient Agora
- Explore vibrant Psiri and taste a selection of Greek specialties around the central market area
- Admire the neoclassical architecture and historical sights of Plaka, Athens’ Old Town
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included on this private tour
Saved to wishlist!
Pick up from hotel (if in the center of Athens - transportation cost not included)
Admission fees (30 per person)
Food and drinks, unless specified
Transportation (if needed)
Departure & Return
Athanasiou Diakou 2, Athina 117 42, Greece
Lisiou 22, Athina 105 56, Greece
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Alternative Athens
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Tour: Ancient and Contemporary Athens Walking Tour?
The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Tour: Ancient and Contemporary Athens Walking Tour?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during Private Tour: Ancient and Contemporary Athens Walking Tour?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Tour: Ancient and Contemporary Athens Walking Tour?
The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Tour: Ancient and Contemporary Athens Walking Tour
7 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
City ToursWalking ToursFull-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingAthensCity Tours - KatakoloWalking Tours - KatakoloFull-day Tours - KatakoloCity Tours - SantoriniWalking Tours - SantoriniFull-day Tours - SantoriniCity Tours - IzmirWalking Tours - IzmirFull-day Tours - IzmirCategory
Piraeus Cruise PortVouliagmeni Beach (Akti Vouliagmenis)Athens National Archaeological Museum (Ethniko Arxaiologiko Mouseio)Attica Zoological ParkVouliagmeni Lake (Limni Vouliagmenis)Museum of Cycladic ArtPhilopappos Hill (Filopappou)Metropolitan Cathedral of Athens (Mitropoli)Eugenides Foundation PlanetariumBenaki MuseumAthens War Museum (Polemiko Mouseio)Academy of Athens (Akadimía Athinón)PropylaeaDora Stratou Greek Dances TheaterAnafiotikaChurch of Panagia KapnikareaNational History Museum (Ethnikó Istorikó Mouseío)National Gardens of Athens (Ethnikos Kipos)ErechtheionAllou! Fun Park