- Day trip to the Hobbiton movie set from Auckland
- See where Bilbo Baggins lived in The Shire
- Pose for pictures outside the hobbit holes
- Enjoy a cider, ale or ginger beer inside the Green Dragon Inn
- Have lunch at the Party Marquee
Departure & Return
If you have not confirmed an inner city hotel pick up with us then our central meeting point is SkyCity Grand Hotel (90 Federal Street). If you are meeting here will need to be confirmed with us. Please call to confirm the night prior - 0800 423 224
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 30 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Your guide takes you through this working sheep farm, a prime filming location for 'The Hobbit' and 'The Lord of the Rings' movie series with incredible views overlooking the world’s biggest outdoor movie set. Explore the Shire, home to hobbit holes including Bilbo Baggins’s house. Stop for photos in front of the Mill, the Party Tree, and the double-arch bridge as you’re entertained with tales about the making of the films.
Then head to the Green Dragon Inn for a complimentary cider, ale or ginger beer. After your tour of Hobbiton, enjoy an included lunch at the Party Marquee before your day trip ends with drop-off at your hotel in Auckland.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY Bush and Beach
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "Although the coach ride to and from Hobbiton was quite long, I recommend this tour for any LOTR fans." See review