10 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
With ancient Roman aqueducts, bustling local markets, and medieval villages hiding among the hills, Provence ranks among the most beautiful corners of France. On this tour, spin through the open countryside by air-conditioned minivan and reach far-flung attractions including UNESCO–listed Arles and the Pont du Gard in comfort. See where van Gogh worked and learn of Provencal winemaking techniques, with pickup and drop-off at your central Avignon hotel included.
- See the best of Provence in one comprehensive driving tour
- Visit sites of interest such as UNESCO–listed Arles and the Pont du Gard
- Your guide sheds light on Provence’s rich culture, history, and heritage
- Hassle-free round-trip transport from your central Avignon hotel
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
41 Cr Jean Jaurès , 41 Cr Jean Jaurès, 84000 Avignon, FranceThis activity will end right where it started.
In front of Avignon Tourist Office
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- The chronological order of the tour is subject to variations according to the days of the Provencal markets, as they take place only in the morning.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY DREAMS OF PROVENCE
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Full Day Roman and Medieval Provencal Heritage Walking Tour from Avignon?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Compare Similar Experiences
Full Day Roman and Medieval Provencal Heritage Walking Tour from Avignon
5 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Food ToursCity ToursWalking ToursMarketsFull-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsFood, Wine & NightlifeTours & SightseeingAvignonFood Tours - ProvenceCity Tours - ProvenceWalking Tours - ProvenceMarkets - ProvenceFull-day Tours - ProvenceFood Tours - ArlesCity Tours - ArlesWalking Tours - ArlesMarkets - ArlesFull-day Tours - ArlesFood Tours - NîmesCity Tours - NîmesWalking Tours - NîmesMarkets - NîmesFull-day Tours - NîmesCategory
Montmajour Abbey (Abbaye de Montmajour)UzesSenanque Abbey (Abbaye Notre-Dame de Sénanque)Les Halles MarketRoussillonChurch of St. Trophime (Eglise St-Trophime)Little Palace Museum (Musée du Petit Palais)Les Baux-de-ProvenceTavel Lavender Museum (Musee de la Lavande)Les Saintes Maries de la MerGordesNimesChâteauneuf-du-PapeEglise Notre-Dame des SablonsAigues-MortesRhône RiverAvignon Cathedral (Cathedrale Notre-Dame des Doms)