9 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Set out on a private tour from Avignon to la Camargue, a wondrous natural river delta filled with marshes where black bulls and white horses reside. Explore the coastal town of Les Saintes Maries de la Mer, a stop for gypsy pilgrams, then embark on a Rhone River cruise to explore the surrounding ecosystem. Afterward, spend some time in the walled town of Aigues-Mortes, with its gothic style church and impressive tower that initially served to protect the town and later as a state prison.
- 9-hour private tour through France’s beautiful Camargue region
- Visit the pretty coastal town Les-Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer with your private guide
- Admire top attractions including the 9th-century Eglise des Stes-Maries, the local church
- Gain insight into the town’s enduring cultural, historical and religious significance
- Explore the medieval city of Aigues-Mortes at your leisure
- Discover sites of interest such as the Constance Tower, the Ramparts, St Louis Square and the Statue of the King
- Tour includes round-trip travel from your accommodation in Arles or Avignon
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
This private tour lets you explore the Camargue landscapes by land and water.
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Transportation by air-conditioned minivan (8 seats)
Food and drinks, unless specified
Monuments tickets entrances
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Confirmation of this product will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Provence Reservation
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Provence Tour: la Camargue, Les-Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer and Aigues-Mortes?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Provence Tour: la Camargue, Les-Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer and Aigues-Mortes?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private Provence Tour: la Camargue, Les-Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer and Aigues-Mortes?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Provence Tour: la Camargue, Les-Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer and Aigues-Mortes?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Provence Tour: la Camargue, Les-Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer and Aigues-Mortes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursFull-day ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingAvignonBus Tours - ProvenceFull-day Tours - ProvenceBus Tours - ArlesFull-day Tours - ArlesBus Tours - NîmesFull-day Tours - NîmesCategory
GordesUzesNimesChurch of St. Trophime (Eglise St-Trophime)Les Halles MarketLes Saintes Maries de la MerAvignon Cathedral (Cathedrale Notre-Dame des Doms)Montmajour Abbey (Abbaye de Montmajour)Châteauneuf-du-PapeLes Baux-de-ProvenceSenanque Abbey (Abbaye Notre-Dame de Sénanque)Rhône RiverTavel Aigues-MortesLavender Museum (Musee de la Lavande)RoussillonEglise Notre-Dame des SablonsLittle Palace Museum (Musée du Petit Palais)