- Roman sites day trip from Avignon
- Admire top city attractions like the Augustus’ Gate, Maison Carree, and the Roman amphitheater in Nîmes
- Discover the Episcopal palace, the Fenestrelle Tower, and Saint-Théodorit d'Uzès Cathedral
- Marvel at the UNESCO World Heritage–listed Pont du Gard, a famous Roman aqueduct
- Enjoy beautiful views over the Gardon River
- Small-group tour limited to eight people ensures personal attention from your guide
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
In Nîmes, immerse yourself in story as your guide explains the city’s main monuments, some of the most impressive in France. See Maison Carrée, a remarkably preserved temple built to honor Emperor Augustus’ two heirs. Visit the Arènes de Nîmes (Nîmes Arena), a formidable Roman amphitheater built in the 1st century, as well as Augustus’ Gate.
Next, travel to the quaint medieval town of Uzès, an ancient city that served as a medieval stronghold. Stroll narrow streets to visit the Fenestrelle Tower, Place aux Herbes (the main square) and Saint-Théodorit d'Uzès Cathedral. Then finish your tour at the nearby Pont du Gard, a UNESCO-listed aqueduct on the Gardon River. Considered an ancient work of art, this three-tiered construction is the highest of all elevated Roman aqueducts.
Your fun and educational tour concludes with return to your Avignon hotel in the evening.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The amphitheater in Nimes may be closed for concerts or events. In this case the audio guided visit will be replaced by a photo stop at the amphitheater and entrance to the Maison Carrée
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Provence Reservation
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Roman Sites Small-Group Day Trip from Avignon, Including Nîmes and Uzès.