- Day trip to grizzly country from Banff
- Visit Emerald Lake, Takakkaw Falls and the Spiral Tunnels
- Take a gondola ride up to 7,700 feet with panoramic views of the Rocky Mountains
- Meet Boo at the Grizzly Bear Refuge
- Enjoy lunch at Canada’s highest restaurant
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
You must be ready 15 minutes prior to the tour departure time. Our guide will be there within the 15 minute pick up window.
What To Expect
You will head to the Grizzly’s home turf for a gondola ride to the summit of Kicking Horse Mountain. On the way up, be on the lookout for potential Grizzlies in the area below, and take in the fantastic scenery. At the top, enjoy an included gourmet lunch at Eagle's Eye Restaurant, the highest restaurant in Canada.
From there, your tour continues on a chairlift ride to the Grizzly Bear Refuge for an intimate encounter with Boo, an orphaned bear that calls the refuge home. Observe the behaviors of this magnificent animal at close range as it roams and plays in the refuge’s natural Grizzly habitat.
The day also includes a chance to visit some of the Banff area’s most spectacular natural wonders, including Emerald Lake and Takkakaw Falls, offering more opportunities to further explore the Grizzly Bear’s one-of-a-kind habitat. End your trip with a return to Banff.
Please note: this tour is seasonal and only operates from June through September. Early and late season bookings may be subject to itinerary changes.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Early and late season bookings may be subject to itinerary changes, the Takakkaw Falls Road typically opens late June. Alternative stops are usually the Spiral Tunnels and Natural Bridge..
- Infant rates do not include food.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- OPERATED BY Discover Banff Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Discover Grizzly Bears from Banff.