8 to 9 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
The Great Wall is one of China’s most renowned attractions, with the crowds to match. During this rugged hike along the ancient, UNESCO-listed barricade, you’ll discover two off-the-tourist-track sections. Admire dramatic, rolling hills and unrestored watchtowers at the 6th-century Gubeikou—the oldest part—and history-filled Panlongshan. A traditional Chinese lunch is included, plus round-trip hotel transfers from Beijing and detailed commentary from a private guide.
- An invigorating guided hike to Gubeikou and Panlongshan Great Wall, with Chinese lunch
- Discover the region’s dramatic scenery, including locations only accessible by foot
- Bypass the crowds and enjoy a peaceful encounter with the world-famous landmark
- No need to navigate: enjoy comfortable, front-door transportation from your hotel
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Round-trip private transfer
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Pickup from your centrally located Beijing hotel
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for young kids and 70+
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Please wear hiking shoes
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Beijing Tour Guide
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during All-Inclusive Private Wild Great Wall Hiking Tour at Gubeikou?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during All-Inclusive Private Wild Great Wall Hiking Tour at Gubeikou?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- "lucy Meng is a very good tour guide in this hiking Gubeikou tour also good lunch in the local farm house." See review
Explore Similar Things to Do
HikingWalking & Biking ToursOutdoor ActivitiesBeijingHiking - Northern ChinaHiking - TianjinHiking - DatongCategory
New Silk Alley Market (Xiu Shui)Huangyaguan Great Wall (Great Wall at Huangya Pass)Lama Temple (Yonghegong)Bell Tower (Zhonglou)Great Wall from Jinshanling to SimataiBeijing Zoo Cuandixia Village Yandai Byway (Yandai Xiejie)National Museum of China (NAMOC)Chaoyang TheatreNanluoguxiangHuguang Guild HallImperial Vault of HeavenInner Court (Nei Ting)St. Joseph's ChurchChang'an Avenue (Chang'an Jie)China World Trade Center (Guomao)Wangfujing Street (Wangfujing Dajie)Gubei Water TownShichahai