- Walk around Tiananmen Square as you learn about its history
- Use a prebooked ticket to access the Forbidden City
- Hear stories relating to the Ming and Qing dynasties
- Visit the Meridian Gate, Imperial Garden, and more
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick you up from your hotel within the 4th ring road of Beijing city, please provide the hotel details when make booking. If your hotel is out of the 4th ring road of Beijing city, may have extra cost.
What To Expect
Once of the world’s largest central squares, Tiananmen Square covers a vast amount of open space, measuring in at some 440, 000 square meters (109 acres). To put that in perspective, the square is roughly as large as the whole of Vatican City. Stand amid the history as your guide explains its past and points out its significant buildings.
From the square, you’ll continue into the Forbidden City with your fast-access prebooked ticket in hand. Make your way to a quiet seating area, and learn about the palace and the Ming and Qing dynasties from your guide. Many say that a visit to the Forbidden City is more about the stories than the sightseeing, and your guide will tell all the tales to make your visit complete.
Check out the Meridian Gate, halls of harmony, heavenly purity, earthly tranquility, and unity; and the tree-lined pathways of the Imperial Garden as well as many other significant sights. Read the Itinerary for a full list of attractions that are seen on the tour.
Your experience ends in the grounds of the Imperial Garden but you can spend longer inside the Forbidden City, if you wish.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please wear comfortable shoes
- In order to get your skip the line entrance ticket to Forbidden City, your passport name and number are required at time of booking (for all participants)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Discover Beijing Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.