Explore our promoted experiences
- Full-day hiking tour of the Great Wall of China — Simatai West to Jinshanling, from Beijing
- Enjoy fantastic photo ops of the Great Wall of China and the surrounding landscape
- See intricate stonework, guard towers and decorative elements
- Have lunch at a local restaurant and chat with the villagers
- Includes knowledgeable guide, lunch, entrance fees and transportation from Beijing
Departure & Return
Exit C, Dongzhimen Station, Subway line 2. Turn right after getting out of the Exit.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Children under 5 are not allowed to take this tour
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- There is no toilet along the path on the Wall. There are toilets at the entrance of Simatai West and Jinshanling. Please prepare before hiking and always carry toilet paper by yourself.
- Please don’t make any appointment after the trip as the return depending on the traffic between 5-6 pm.
- You will be followed by local farmers when starting the hike. The farmers will give you help along the way, as a reward they will sell some souvenirs. If you don’t like this, you have to say NO firmly at the beginning (MAYBE LATER does not work in Chinese culture) or just ignore them and not speak a word with them; otherwise they can be persistent and follow you all the way on the Wall.
- Unlimited bottled waters are stored in our car/van today, and you need a day pack to carry them.
- We will bring trekking poles in our car/van and please tell your guide if you need one.
- Travel insurance is optional and is the sole responsibility of travellers. It is encouraged to have coverage of injury or accident.
- As responsible travelers, we “take nothing but photos, leave nothing but footprint”.
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Great Wall Hiking
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "You have plenty of time during your hike to take in the beauty of the wall and the surrounding views." See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews