- Half-day private tour of Beijing’s Forbidden City
- Learn more about Beijing’s history as you stroll around Tiananmen Square
- Take in the highlights of the Forbidden City, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- This private tour can be customized to your interests and ensures you’ll receive personalized attention from your guide
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Your tour guide will pick you up from your Beijing city hotel - within the 4th ring road, if your hotel outside of the city, you can travel to Bejing Urban Planning Center to meet your tour guide
What To Expect
The first stop of the day is Tiananmen Square, the largest city square in the world, with space for up to one million people. As you stroll around the grand square, learn more about its importance throughout history and hear about the many significant political events that have taken place in the square.
Continue to the Forbidden City, once the epicenter of the Imperial City and the largest ancient palace complex in the world. Follow your guide on a walking tour of the UNESCO World Heritage site, admiring the palatial buildings and cultural relics that date back to the Ming and Qing dynasties.
After passing through the grand Meridian Gate into the 250-acre (100-hectare) imperial palace complex, your tour can be tailored to your preferences. Perhaps uncover the many treasures on display in the Palace Museum; visit the Hall of Ancestral Offerings (Clocks Gallery); or stroll around the maze of courtyards, palaces, pavilions and gardens.
Your tour ends at the east wing of the Forbidden City, from where you can continue sightseeing independently or make your own way back to the hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Passport name, number is required at time of booking for all participants
- The Forbidden City in winter closes at 4:30pm (1st of Nov - 31st of March), in summer at 5:00pm (1st of April -31st of Oct), please arrange your start time accordingly
- Please Note: When making a booking, please provide the tour operator with your desired pick up time at "special requirement", your tour operator will also contact you just in case
- The visit to Tiananmen Square is not guaranteed, it might be closed due to the government events.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Discover Beijing Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.