- Private day trip to the Great Wall from Beijing
- Visit the Mutianyu section, a stretch less crowded than the Badaling segment
- Walk along the wall to admire the watchtowers and views with a guide
- Ascend and descend by cable car or chairlift, or descend by toboggan
- Private transport and hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Entrance fees, lunch, and cable car, chairlift and toboggan fees upgrade.
- Flexible itinerary and personalized attention from a private guide
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
What To Expect
On route, hear about the history of the wall, and how the Mutianyu section was first built in the 6th century. Learn how a 1.5-mile (2.5-kilometer) stretch of Mutianyu was restored in 1986, and how it is less crowded than Badaling, making it perfect for walking along.
After about two hours, admire the views of the wall snaking over the pine-clad hills. Then, head through the entrance (own expense), ascend by cable car or chairlift (own expense) with your guide, and enjoy one to two hours to explore.
Take a scenic walk between the crenelated parapets, pausing to inspect several watchtowers and absorb the views as your guide shares fascinating facts about the wall’s construction.
Afterward, descend by cable car or chairlift, or upgrade to take the toboggan track from one end of the section.
If you feel peckish, upgrade your trip to include lunch at a local restaurant. Plus, choose to visit Mutianyu village, or go fruit picking in its orchards (fruit season only), before your tour then ends with a hotel drop-off in Beijing.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please wear comfortable shoes
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please provide your hotel address upon booking for picking up
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant (1-3 years old) are free providing they do not occupy a seat
- Extra fee is requested after 8 hours tour
- If you prefer to have different language tour guide than English one, please kindly make your booking with request 3 days advance
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Catherine Lu Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.