Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Experience Beijing like a local on this night food tour
- Visit markets and street food vendors, and learn about Chinese cuisine
- Sample authentic local favorites such as onion pancakes and noodles
- Small-group tour limited to 12 people ensure a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
Outside Gulou Dajie metro station, Exit A2 of Line 2 This station is an exchange station of Metro Lines 2 and 8. If you take Line 8, you will be able to change within this station to Line 2 and get out at Exit A2.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Browse stalls bursting with exotic ingredients and chat with vendors and culinary artisans, uncovering the techniques of making noodles and tofu. Practice some newly learned Chinese phrases and uncover the secrets of ancient Chinese recipes. Conclude your tour at another central location and bid farewell to your guide and group.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Local Impact: How you will help the local community by joining this tour: During the tour you'll visit a local Beijing market, something that has been disappearing from the downtown area. Our business will help multi-generational vendors stay in business, and all of the food you sample at this market is locally sourced from villages and local farmers.
- On this tour you will also visit 100% local, family-owned businesses and meet a local pancake maker who sells Beijing-only products
- As part of this tour, you will walk through a local neighbourhood (known as a Hutong) and part of the profits from the tour will economically impact the neighbourhood and help the local community.
- Most travelers can participate
- As the Delta variant of COVID-19 has proven to be highly transmissible and poses significant increased safety risk, effective September 1, 2021, travellers aged 18+ must produce proof of COVID-19 vaccination on Intrepid Urban Adventures tours. Children aged 6-17 must present a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery, or proof of vaccination. View full policy at urbanadventures.com/vaccine.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Urban Adventures China
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Lonely Planet Experiences: Small-Group Street Food Night Tour.