4 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Trace almost 800 years of history on this private, half-day walking tour of Berlin. Since its founding in the 13th century, Berlin has been the capital of an empire, the epicenter of a sexual and artistic revolution, a fascist dictatorship, torn in two and, finally, reunited. Delve into the German capital’s history with your own personal guide, checking off key sights such as Brandenburg Gate, Hitler’s Bunker (Führerbunker), and a section of the Berlin Wall along the way.
- See top Berlin attractions including Brandenburg Gate and Hitler's Bunker
- Learn about the most pivotal events in Berlin's history, from its founding to modern day
- Receive the undivided attention of a private guide
- Hotel pickup and a map of Berlin included
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pick up
Expert local guide
Map of Berlin including top museum recommendations and public transport info
Food and drink
Public transport costs (single ticket in Berlin is €2.70, Day Pass is €7.00, Group ticket for 5 people is €17.30, prices subject to change)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
If your hotel is centrally located, we can pick you up from the lobby. Otherwise, we can meet in front of Starbucks at Hackescher Markt. Please let us know which hotel you're staying at.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own caregiver
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Original Berlin Walks
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the social distancing policy during Berlin Private Half-Day Walking Tour: Discover the German Capital’s History?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Berlin Private Half-Day Walking Tour: Discover the German Capital’s History?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Berlin Private Half-Day Walking Tour: Discover the German Capital’s History
2 hours 30 minutes
3 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
City ToursWalking ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingBerlinCity Tours - PotsdamWalking Tours - PotsdamHistorical Tours - PotsdamHalf-day Tours - PotsdamCity Tours - RostockWalking Tours - RostockHistorical Tours - RostockHalf-day Tours - RostockCity Tours - PoznanWalking Tours - PoznanHistorical Tours - PoznanHalf-day Tours - PoznanCategory
Berlin Underground Museum (Berliner Unterwelten) Tours & TicketsEast Side Gallery Tours & TicketsBerlin Musical Instrument Museum (Musikinstrumenten-Museum) Tours & TicketsBerlin Cathedral (Berliner Dom) Tours & TicketsFriedrichshain Tours & TicketsKulturforum Tours & TicketsMitte Tours & TicketsBerlin Gallery (Berlinische Galerie) Tours & TicketsMauerpark Tours & TicketsPalace of Tears (Tränenpalast) Tours & TicketsHackesche Höfe Tours & TicketsBerlin TV Tower (Berliner Fernsehturm) Tours & TicketsPanoramapunkt Tours & TicketsOld National Gallery (Alte Nationalgalerie) Tours & TicketsFriedrichstrasse Tours & TicketsHackescher Markt Tours & TicketsAlexanderplatz Tours & TicketsBerlin Philharmonic Hall (Berliner Philharmonie) Tours & TicketsDüppel Historic Village (Museumsdorf Düppel) Tours & TicketsKaDeWe (Kaufhaus des Westens) Tours & Tickets