3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Discover modern Berlin with a local guide on this half-day walking tour. Explore Mitte, where cutting-edge developments sit side-by-side with timeworn landmarks; visit the Kulturbrauerei (Culture Brewery) arts center in gentrified Prenzlauer Berg; and wander along the East Side Gallery section of the Berlin Wall in Kreuzberg, Berlin’s poorest neighborhood-turned-hipster epicenter. Along the way, learn about the cultural and political influences that have helped shape the ever-evolving German capital since its unification in 1989.
- 4-hour walking tour of modern Berlin
- See several city neighborhoods, such as Friedrichshain and Kreuzberg
- Stroll through the courtyards of Mitte and the streets of Prenzlauer Berg
- Visit the arts complex of the Kulturbrauerei (Culture Brewery)
- View the Berlin Wall murals at its East Side Gallery and cross Oberbaum Bridge
Saved to wishlist!
Local Expert Guide
Free map of Berlin
Berlin Transport AB Zone daypass (approx 7 euros)
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Reichstagufer 17, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Kottbusser Damm 104, 10967 Berlin, Germany
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- An AB zone public transport daypass, or equivalent, is necessary for this tour. Should you not have one on arrival at the meeting point, the tour guide will help you purchase one on the spot. They normally cost 7 euros per person, but there are many variations with group reductions
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Insider Tour Berlin
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Modern Berlin Walking Tour?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Modern Berlin Walking Tour?
The policy on sanitization is:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
What is the social distancing policy during Modern Berlin Walking Tour?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Explore Similar Things to Do
Food ToursRail ToursCity ToursWalking ToursMarketsHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsFood, Wine & NightlifeTours & SightseeingBerlinFood Tours - PotsdamRail Tours - PotsdamCity Tours - PotsdamWalking Tours - PotsdamMarkets - PotsdamHalf-day Tours - PotsdamFood Tours - RostockRail Tours - RostockCity Tours - RostockWalking Tours - RostockMarkets - RostockHalf-day Tours - RostockFood Tours - PoznanRail Tours - PoznanCity Tours - PoznanWalking Tours - PoznanMarkets - PoznanHalf-day Tours - PoznanCategory
Berlin DungeonPalace of Tears (Tränenpalast)Berlin Victory Column (Siegessäule)Museum for Communication BerlinPhotography Museum (Museum für Fotografie)Marble Palace (Marmorpalais)New National Gallery (Neue Nationalgalerie)Ethnological Museum of Berlin (Ethnologisches Museum)Glienicke BridgeBundeswehr Museum of Military History (Militärhistorisches Museum)Berlin Underground Museum (Berliner Unterwelten)Hackesche HöfeHackescher MarktDeutscher DomBerlin Philharmonic Hall (Berliner Philharmonie)MACHmit! Museum for Children (Kindermuseum MachtMit)New Guardhouse (Neue Wache)Berlin Jewish Museum (Jüdisches Museum)German Historical Museum (Deutsches Historisches Museum)GDR Watch Tower (DDR-Wachturm)