4 hours (Approx.)
Good for avoiding crowds
The natural beauty of the Blue Mountains has earned them UNESCO World Heritage status. Experience them on a self-guided mountain-bike adventure from Blackheath Train Station or Katoomba YHA. After paperwork, an introduction to your wide-handle 29er, and a trail overview, set off into the forest. Follow the ridgeline to Baltzer Lookout and Hanging Rock along flowing trails with a few short climbs: The ride typically takes about half a day.
- Mountain bike through the Blue Mountains to Baltzer Lookout and Hanging Rock
- Soak up the dramatic landscapes of this UNESCO-listed wilderness
- Relax with full safety gear, a comprehensive bike introduction, and trail info
- Fluid trails are suitable for experienced and less-experienced riders alike
Saved to wishlist!
Bike insurance for accidental damage. This can be purchased on the day for $25.
SPD pedals. These can be hired on the day for $15.
Pick up and return. Your required to get to and back from the starting point (unless otherwise arranged)
Departure & Return
Blackheath NSW 2785, Australia
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Bike insurance for accidental damage can be purchased on the day for $30
- This bike hire service has a minimum number requirement. Feel free to contact us leading up to your booking.
- SPD pedals. These can be hired on the day for $15.
- Shoes are very important. Blatzers lookout and Hanging Rock is loose underfoot. Shoes need GRIP!
- The owner Sam is very flexible and accommodating. Let him know if you have any special requests and he will always try.
- Start and finish times can vary to accommodate customers. All is confirmed the night before with a phone call from Sam.
- A passport, licence or acceptable form of identification along with an active credit card is required on the day for security purposes.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Due to the service being mobile, we do require minimum numbers for the day to go ahead. If you can be a little flexible with your ride day, if required, this is much appreciated.
- e-BIKES (electric) and DUAL suspension mountain bikes available for additional cost. Needs to be pre-arranged and is subject to availability.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Blue Mountains Biking Adventures
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Blue Mountains Hanging Rock SELF-GUIDED Mountain Bike Hire Service?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during Blue Mountains Hanging Rock SELF-GUIDED Mountain Bike Hire Service?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Blue Mountains Hanging Rock SELF-GUIDED Mountain Bike Hire Service?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Still Have Questions?
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsNature and WildlifeExtremeMountain Bike ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingBlue Mountains4WD Tours - New South WalesSporting Events - New South WalesNature and Wildlife - New South WalesExtreme - New South WalesMountain Bike Tours - New South WalesHalf-day Tours - New South WalesCategory