- Food walking tour around the city of Bordeaux
- Visit three local food shops to meet the owners and sample the staples of French cuisine
- Taste a traditional baguette, savor flavored chocolates and indulge in classic French cheeses like Comté and Brie
- End with a lovely buffet lunch served with Bordeaux wine
Departure & Return
Bordeaux Tourism Office Please be there 5min before tour departure (8.55am)
Ends after the lunch in Bordovino's Apartment
What To Expect
Visit a favorite local bakery, with inviting scents of freshly-baked baguettes surrounding you as you meet the baker and sample some handmade treats.
Next, visit one of the most famous chocolatiers in the city to meet the owner. Generations have kept the shop's recipes secret, and though you may never be able to duplicate what you taste you'll certainly enjoy the samples. Unique flavor components include green tea, olive and ginger.
Follow your guide to a cheese shop to learn about the cheese-making traditions that make French cheese so world-famous while you sample cheeses from different parts of the country, including Roquefort, Brie and Comté.
After all this sampling, finish your tour with a visit to a typical apartment for a buffet-style lunch. Take your pick from the generous array of food offerings, including many of the items you sampled earlier in the tour, accompanied by some excellent Bordeaux wine. Conclude your lunch with a traditional Bordeaux cake called a canelé. The tour ends after lunch.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- The tour may be cancelled if there is only 1 participant. We legally require a minimimum of two people to operate the tour. If so, we will contact the client and he will get a full refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY BORDOVINO
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience