- Taste Bordeaux’s many delights on a 4-hour gourmet food walking tour
- Enjoy a typical French delicacies tour followed by a buffet lunch
- Wine taste at two châteaux in the nearby Médoc wine region
- Small-group tour limited to eight ensures a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
In front of Bordeaux Tourism Office Please be there 5min before tour departure (8.55am)
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Your first stop is a local bakery, where you'll meet the baker and hear about traditional French baking methods. Smell the enticing scent of freshly-baked bread as you enter, and sample a traditional baguette while it's still warm from the oven.
The next stop is to see a famed chocolatier. The recipes here have been kept alive – and secret – for generations. Meet the owner and sample some of the shop's interesting chocolate flavors – including green tea, ginger and olive.
The final shop of the day is a local cheese shop, where you'll sample cheeses from all over France – including Roquefort, Brie and Comté. Learn about the time-honored methods of making and aging cheese that have set France apart for centuries.
After all this sampling, sit down to a buffet-style lunch in an apartment in central Bordeaux. Choose from an array of dishes, including all of the things you nibbled during your food tour, accompanied by some local wine. Finish your meal with a typical Bordeaux cake called a canelé.
Médoc Wine Tour (afternoon)Following lunch, climb into the awaiting minivan for the drive into the Médoc region along what's known as the Château Route. Enjoy the scenery as you pass world-famous châteaux like Mouton-Rothschild, Latour or Margaux and learn about the history of Bordeaux wine from your guide. There will be opportunities to stop en route for photos.
Your first château stop is a family-run wine estate where you'll get a tour of the château's wine cellars. After the tour, your knowledgeable guide leads you through a wine workshop during which you'll learn some of the secrets of tasting wine to analyze its flavors and aromas.
The second stop is a well-respected classified growth château, where you'll get a tour of the vineyard and wine cellars before sampling some of the estate's wines. Nibble on some local hors d'oeuvres as you sip, including fresh bread, cured meat and cheese. The precise châteaux visited during this tour will vary, but stops may include Siran, Lagrange, Chasse-Spleen, Lamarque or Lascombes.
After your two château visits, climb back into the minivan for the drive back to Bordeaux, where your tour ends.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The minimum age to drink alcohol is 18 years.*
- The tour may be cancelled if there is only 1 participant. We legally require a minimimum of two people to operate the tour. If so, we will contact the client and he will get a full refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY BORDOVINO
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience