- Jewish history tour of Budapest
- Enjoy a casually paced walk around Budapest’s important Jewish sites
- Visit the Jewish Museum, Dohány Street Synagogue, Jewish quarter and more
- Enter the noteworthy Kazinczy Street Synagogue and enjoy cake from a local kosher bakery (Grand Tour only)
- Learn all about Hungary's Jewish history, heritage and culture from an expert guide
- Choose from several tour durations and itineraries
Departure & Return
In front of Dohány street Synagogue, Address: Budapest, 1074 Dohány street. 2
Concludes at Raoul Wallenberg Memorial Park (Essential Tour)
Concludes at Frohlich Bakery and Cafe (Grand Tour)
What To Expect
This option offers a concise route for travelers on a stricter schedule. The Essential Tour will begin with a step inside the biggest synagogue in Europe, the Dohány Street Synagogue. While inside you’ll explore the Jewish Museum, which hosts an impressive exhibit of pieces from Hungarian and Eastern European artists.
Your guide will then take you to Raoul Wallenberg Holocaust Memorial Park, named for the man credited with saving the lives of thousands in the Jewish community. You’ll pass through the old Jewish Quarter, once a ghetto during the Second World War, as well as Heroes’ Temple, which pays homage to lives lost during WWI.
For a more comprehensive option, choose the Grand Tour, which picks up where the Essential Tour leaves off. You’ll make your way to the Jewish Quarter, where kosher bakeries and restaurants are located, along with other synagogues and memorials.
Admire the Gozsdu Courtyard, an old passageway currently converted into bustling bars and restaurants and popular with locals and visitors alike. You’ll also visit Carl Lutz Memorial Park, named after another famous figurehead during WWII, as well as the Rumbach Street Synagogue.
After a stop at the center of the orthodox community, the Kazinczy Street Synagogue, you’ll pause for some sweets at the kosher Frohlich Bakery and Café. You’ll also be given a 10% discount by your guide to the kosher restaurant, Carmel, to be enjoyed later in the evening on your own if you wish.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Hungaria Koncert Kft.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms