- Guaranteed dolphin sightings or enjoy a return tour for free
- Interact with Byron Bay's local pod of bottlenose dolphins
- Choice of morning and afternoon tours
- Go kayaking with a professional guide
- Enjoy morning or afternoon tea
- Byron Bay dolphin kayak tour
- Safety gear provided
Departure & Return
Opposite 62 Lawson St, 15 minutes prior to the tour.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Follow your knowledgeable surf-and-sea guides out into the marine park, learning about the area’s natural and cultural history as you paddle. Get a glimpse of the historic Cape Byron lighthouse, and hear local Aboriginal legends. Your guides will navigate the group toward the path of a local pod of more than 300 dolphins that are regularly seen swimming, splashing and jumping in the area. Get an amazingly up-close encounter with these smart and playful creatures in their natural habitat.
Keep an eye out for other marine life including sea turtles and migrating humpback whales (May to November). Disembark on a lovely local beach and refresh with morning or afternoon tea and coffee, served with Milo or Tim Tam chocolate biscuits.
Please note: In the rare event that your group does not encounter any dolphins, you can take the tour again on another day free of charge.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for child aged 4 years and under
- Please bring: sun protection, waterproof camera, water bottle and a towel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Covid-19 Procedures: All travellers will be required to provide their contact details for contact tracing, upon arrival all travelers and staff will be temperature checked as well as additional cleaning of gear provided.
- In booking this tour I acknowledge that I and everyone in my group (if applicable): • Is aware that this is a tour in the open ocean and even if I/we cannot swim are confident in the open water • I/We has a reasonable level of fitness and ability to paddle my/our own kayak • We acknowledge that an inability to paddle my own kayak in moderate conditions is not a reason for a refund. Cape Byron Kayaks can cater for non-swimmers however if you are unable to swim we recommend you call us before booking. Failure to do so may incur penalties.
- Most travelers can participate
- I understand that this tour will proceed in the rain.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 32 travelers
- OPERATED BY Cape Byron Kayaks
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Kayaking with Dolphins in Byron Bay Guided Tour.