- Half-day, small-group cooking class
- Prepare a Mexican lunch with fresh ingredients
- Shop at a spice market
- Cook alongside a local chef
- Make fresh tortillas
- Lunch included
- Perfect for all ages and skill levels
Departure & Return
Please ask your taxi driver to drop you off at MERCABO GOURMET STREET FOOD RESTAURANT on Calle Ignacio Zaragoza 121, between Niños Heroes and Lazaro Cardenas (just in front of BANORTE Bank office in Cabo San Lucas Centro and a few steps of Estacionamiento Aramburo)
What To Expect
Continue to the chef’s home, then prepare a full lunch with a main dish, salsas, sides, and tortillas that you’ll eat hot from the grill. Learn about the culture and context of what you’re cooking, and get tips for reproducing the recipe in your home kitchen. When the meal is prepared, sit down to enjoy what you've cooked.
Menu of the day:
• Monday: Poblano-style mole sauce
• Tuesday: Tamales with chicken, pork, or beef)
• Wednesday: Beef birria in adobo sauce
• Thursday: Baja-style seafood and paella
• Friday: Pork two ways: carnitas and pastor
• Saturday: Tacos with an assortment of Mexican stews
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Please let us know if you have Allergies, Food Restrictions or Mobility issues.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Cookin' México
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms