- Cool off in pristine natural pools, waterfalls and natural water slide
- Get great photo ops of the Crater and Lake Eacham, both formed by volcanic activity
- Includes morning and afternoon tea, expert guide, entrance fees and hotel pickup and drop-off
- Indulge on a picnic lunch of sandwiches and fruit platter
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
58 Grafton St @ Allbout Cairns Shop
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Drive onward into a pristine rainforest, where you’ll stop at Lake Eacham. Go for a swim in the volcanic lake, created more than 12,000 years ago, and watch for turtles in the clear water while your guide prepares a hearty morning tea.
After your snack break, head to Mt Hypipamee National Park to check out Dinner Falls, where you can go swimming again, and then take a 0.5-mile (800-meter) walk to a viewpoint to admire the crater. You’ll spot a jewel-toned lake as you look down at the crater rim, a dizzying 450 feet (138 meters) below you.
When you're ready for lunch, we serve a picnic style meal with fresh bread, salad items for sandwiches and a meat and fruit platter. We do cater for food allergies so let us know in advance.
Then head to Millaa Millaa Falls to take a swim in its natural tropical pool.
Your last destination, and the highlight of your tour, is Josephine Falls, which you’ll reach by taking a short walk with your guide. If you’re feeling adventurous, go down the ‘waterslide’ that drops you into a deep pool, or just relax and enjoy the scenery. You’ll also refuel here with afternoon snacks provided by your guide.
Your day trip ends with the drive back to Cairns for hotel drop-off.
Please note: This is a sample itinerary; yours may vary based on the road and/or weather conditions on the day of your tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- TripAdvisor books with live availability, confirmation is instant
- Minimum age is 10 years
- Please note: This is a sample itinerary. The route may change based on weather or road conditions.
- Please bring with you on the day:
- Swimmers, bathers, togs, bikinis, boards, swimsuit - whatever you call them
- flip flops or sneakers - as long as they are comfy
- your camera for all the cool stops we visit and the possibility of spotting some of Australia’s’ endemic wildlife like the famous cassowaries or a green tree frog, platypus, turtles, tree kangaroos and possibly even a croc!
- It is also recommended to pack a jumper for those winter months when the weather is cooler.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- OPERATED BY Barefoot Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Atherton Tablelands Waterfalls Tour from Cairns.