- Full-day trip to Fitzroy Island, from Cairns
- Take a scenic ferry ride to the gorgeous island and enjoy a relaxing day away from the crowds
- Snorkel over the Great Barrier Reef, lounge on the beach or take a glass-bottom boat tour
- Select the Activity Pass option to enjoy a variety of fun water activities with all gear and lunch included
- Hike along well-marked trails that lead you through the rain forest and beach
- Includes round-trip ferry ticket from Cairns and plenty of time to soak up the island’s beauty
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Please meet us at the Reef Fleet Terminal, Fitzroy Island desk for check in at 8:30am, the boat will depart at 9am sharp.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Located only 18.5 miles (30 km) from Cairns, Fitzroy Island lies within the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park. Its protected coral reef offers excellent snorkeling from the beach and is home to colorful hard and soft corals, tropical fish, sea turtles and other marine life.
Spend the day as you wish, with options that include snorkeling, swimming and kicking back on the beach. The underwater world offers the rainbow colors of the parrotfish, clown fish darting in and out of anemones, and many other marine critters. On land, you can follow hiking trails through the rainforest and along the coast.
Upgrade to the Activity Pass, a cost-effective option that includes the use of snorkel gear, a glass-bottom boat tour and a delicious picnic lunch. Depending on availability, you can use water floats and other gear for children, making this a family-friendly way option on the island.
At the end of the day, return on the ferry to Cairns where your tour ends.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stinger suits are included in the Activity Pass 2 and can be collected at the beach hire hut upon collection of your snorkel equipment. Suits must be returned to the beach hire hut prior to departure ex Fitzroy Island
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please bring sandals/reef shoes as beach is covered in old coral
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- OPERATED BY Fitzroy Island Adventures
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Fitzroy Island Day Trip from Cairns.
- "As other reviews suggest, beaches are all coral so wear shoes for this, though its not sharp, just uncomfortable." See review