5 to 6 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Face masks provided for travelers
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Visit El Mokattam Mountain Cave Church, or the Monastery of St Simon, on a private tour that also explores the magnificent churches of Coptic Cairo. You’ll see some of Cairo’s most important Christian sites, including the Saints Sergius and Bacchus Church, the Church of Saint Barbara, and the Hanging Church, while going beyond sightseeing for a glimpse of ‘garbage city,’ a fascinating Cairo neighborhood that most visitors overlook entirely.
- Private tour ensures personalized service
- Included lunch and entrance fees mean no extra tour costs
- Enjoy the comfort and security of traveling by private vehicle
- Convenient pickup and drop-off at Cairo hotels
Saved to wishlist!
Transport by private vehicle
any entry fees
Departure & Return
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Egypt Tours Online
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Coptic Cairo Tour: Cave Church of Saint Simon and Old Cairo churches ?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Coptic Cairo Tour: Cave Church of Saint Simon and Old Cairo churches ?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Coptic Cairo Tour: Cave Church of Saint Simon and Old Cairo churches ?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Coptic Cairo Tour: Cave Church of Saint Simon and Old Cairo churches ?
The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "It's a valuable service but it's a sad way to make a living and even sadder to see children playing in a garbage dump." See review
- "Pick up was on time and the guide very knowledgeable." See review
- "Garbage City, although very smelly, was truly interesting and is recommended on the way to the cave church." See review
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingCairoBus Tours - GizaBus Tours - Port SaidBus Tours - AlexandriaCategory
Gayer-Anderson MuseumCairo Opera HouseNile RiverBen Ezra SynagogueCave Church (St. Simon the Tanner Monastery)Church of St. George (Mar Girgis)Pyramid of Djoser (Step Pyramid)Al-Fayoum (Faiyum)Hanging Church (Al-Muallaqa)Alabaster Mosque (Mosque of Muhammad Ali)Khan Al-KhaliliDahshurAl-Rifai Mosque (Masjid Al-Rifa'i)Coptic MuseumBabylon FortressSaqqara (Sakkara)Tahrir SquareSultan Hassan Mosque and MadrassaAl-Hakim MosquePharaonic Village