4 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Face masks provided for travelers
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Navigating Old Cairo without a guide can be hectic. Soak up the atmosphere without the hassle on this door-to-door private tour that focuses on Cairo’s Christian heritage. Visit the 7th-century Hanging Church then tour the crypt where some believe Mary, Joseph, and Jesus rested below the Church of St. Sergius and Bacchus. Finally, explore the Ben Ezra Synagogue before enjoying a local restaurant lunch.
- Check off highlights of Coptic Cairo, including the Hanging Church
- Hear stories of the Holy Family’s time in Egypt from your private guide
- Savor a traditional Egyptian lunch in a local restaurant
- Take it easy with door-to-door round-trip transfers—complete with Wi-Fi
Saved to wishlist!
Egyptian Food (koshary, mix of macaroni, rice and lentil with tomato sauce and many other additions)
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Qualified Egyptologist guide
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Entrance fees to all sites
Departure & Return
Cairo, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Let`s Explore Egypt
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Half-Day Private Guided Tour of Coptic Cairo with Lunch?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Half-Day Private Guided Tour of Coptic Cairo with Lunch?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Half-Day Private Guided Tour of Coptic Cairo with Lunch?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Half-Day Private Guided Tour of Coptic Cairo with Lunch?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Still Have Questions?
Product code: 10449P41
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHalf-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingCairoBus Tours - GizaHalf-day Tours - GizaBus Tours - SuezHalf-day Tours - SuezBus Tours - Port SaidHalf-day Tours - Port SaidCategory
Cave Church (St. Simon the Tanner Monastery)DahshurAl-Rifai Mosque (Masjid Al-Rifa'i)Islamic CairoOld Cairo (Misr Al-Qadima)Cairo Opera HouseHanging Church (Al-Muallaqa)Al-Azhar MosqueGayer-Anderson MuseumCoptic MuseumKhan Al-KhaliliBen Ezra SynagogueColossus of Ramses II at MemphisBabylon FortressMosque of Sultan Al-Mu'ayyad Alabaster Mosque (Mosque of Muhammad Ali)Sultan Hassan Mosque and MadrassaPyramid of Djoser (Step Pyramid)Ibn Tulun MosqueSaqqara (Sakkara)