12 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Rewind to the days of Alexander the Great on a private day trip to Alexandria, Egypt’s Mediterranean coastal city. Admire the Nile Valley as you travel to this picturesque city, founded by Alexander around 331 BC, and tour the highlights as your expert guide recounts the city’s history. Descend into the underground Roman catacombs to see eerie chambers; view the Roman column of Pompey’s Pillar; and visit the stunning, new disc-shaped Alexandria Library, built where the city’s classical library once stood. A delicious seafood lunch in Alexandria is included.
- Private day trip to Alexandria from Cairo by air-conditioned minivan
- Follow the lush Nile Valley to Alexandria on Egypt’s Mediterranean coast
- See top Alexandria attractions such as the Fort of Qaitbay and Pompey’s Pillar, a triumphal Roman column
- Learn about the city’s history and break for an included seafood lunch
- Explore the Kom el Shogafa catacombs, underground Roman burial chambers lined with sculptures and murals
- Visit the new Alexandria Library, an echo of the city's ancient predecessor, one of the greatest of antiquity
- Enjoy in-depth attention from a private guide, with personalized commentary
Saved to wishlist!
Qualified Egyptologist guide
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
If your hotel is not listed
Please send your Pickup location details
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Tree of Life Day Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Full-Day Alexandria Private Guided Tour from Cairo with Lunch?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Full-Day Alexandria Private Guided Tour from Cairo with Lunch?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Full-Day Alexandria Private Guided Tour from Cairo with Lunch?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Full-Day Alexandria Private Guided Tour from Cairo with Lunch?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursArchaeology ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingGizaCairoBus Tours - GizaArchaeology Tours - GizaHistorical Tours - GizaFull-day Tours - GizaBus Tours - SuezArchaeology Tours - SuezHistorical Tours - SuezFull-day Tours - SuezBus Tours - Port SaidArchaeology Tours - Port SaidHistorical Tours - Port SaidFull-day Tours - Port SaidCategory
Mosque of Amr ibn Al-AsPyramid of Djoser (Step Pyramid)Islamic CairoBen Ezra SynagogueAbu Serga (Church of St. Sergius and Bacchus)Coptic MuseumIbn Tulun MosqueAl-Azhar MosqueSultan Hassan Mosque and MadrassaMosque of Sultan Al-Mu'ayyad Cairo Opera HouseCave Church (St. Simon the Tanner Monastery)Saqqara (Sakkara)Old Cairo (Misr Al-Qadima)Pharaonic VillageHanging Church (Al-Muallaqa)Alabaster Mosque (Mosque of Muhammad Ali)Nile RiverAl-Hakim MosqueColossus of Ramses II at Memphis