Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Full-day trip to Assos and Behramkale from Canakkale
- Visit the ruins of the classical city of Assos, once home to Aristotle
- View Assos’ 6th-century BC Temple of Athena, set high above the Aegean Sea
- Explore Assos’ crumbled theater, marketplace, city walls, and more
- See other local highlights including the old stone port of Assos
- Transport, entrance fees, lunch, and hotel pickup and drop-off in Canakkale included
- Small group of 14 travelers or fewer
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pick up from any location in Canakkale city centre is possible
- Canakkale Airport, Canakkale Turkey
What To Expect
As you travel, hear fascinating facts about the ancient city of Assos, once home to the great Greek philosopher Aristotle. Founded in the 7th century BC by colonists from Lesvos, Aristotle came to this once-flourishing harbor city in the 4th century BC, and founded a school of philosophy.
On arrival, enjoy a tour of the ruins, scattered over hills above the rustic old port of Assos. Climb up to the remnants of the Acropolis, and see the still-standing columns of the Temple of Athena, the first and only Doric temple ever built in Anatolia, and spectacularly positioned above the Aegean Sea.
Drink in the views that stretch all the way to the island of Lesvos, and learn how the temple dates from the 6th century BC. Then, check out the remains of Assos' city walls, the agora, (marketplace), necropolis (burial ground), gymnasium, and well-preserved theater.
Having explored here, break for lunch at a local restaurant, before taking in other historical treasures situated close by. Stop to view the 14th century Hudavendigar Mosque built during the reign of the Ottoman Sultan Murat I, and take photos of the beautiful Hudavendigar Bridge, constructed in the same era, and admired for its pointed central arch.
Afterward, look around the village of Behramkale, and visit other local beauty spots such as Kadirga Cove and the picture-postcard port of Assos, with its stone houses ranged along a beautiful quayside.
Your day trip then ends with a drop-off back at your Canakkale hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 02 people per booking is required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- OPERATED BY Hassle Free Travel
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
See all safety measures taken by Assos and Behramkale Day Trip from Canakkale.