- Begin your day with a continental breakfast on the boat ride to Ixlache Reef
- Enjoy a domestic open bar on the boat, which includes rum, tequila, vodka, beer, juice and water
- Feast on a buffet lunch with beer and soft drinks on the island
- Snorkeling gear and safety briefing included
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We do pick up from most of the hotels in Cancun and Riviera, if your hotel is not listed you can verify with our support team about meeting points near from your hotel.
What To Expect
The Mesoamerican Barrier Reef, the second-largest reef system in the world, is blessed with clear, shallow water (about 9 feet or 3 meters deep) and abundant wildlife. After a safety briefing from your guide, don the provided snorkel equipment and jump in. Be sure to apply your biodegradable sunscreen, which protects the reefs and your skin. Most hotels in the area sell this type of sunscreen. Look for sea turtles, schools of tropical fish, vibrant living coral and conchs scuttling along the ocean floor.
After an hour of snorkeling time, climb back on the boat and head for Isla Contoy (Contoy Island.) Only 5 miles (8 kilometers) long, this tiny island is boasts 150 species of birds like the majestic frigate, the double-crested cormorant and the brown pelican. Green turtles, hawksbill turtles and loggerhead turtles use the beaches on the island as nesting grounds to hatch their young. Because the island is protected, it only allows a certain number of visitors per day, and only from specific tour companies.
Take a 45-minute tour of the island with a certified guide, learning about conservation efforts and the island's unique biodiversity. After the tour, visit the island's lighthouse, the nature museum or the nesting lagoon. Relax on the beach before a buffet lunch is served, including beer and soft drinks.
Finish your full-day island adventure when you arrive back at Scuba Cancun Marina around 5pm.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please bring biodegradable sunscreen. You can purchase it at your hotel shop, the Marina or the shop at Isla Cotoy
- Note: If you choose the 'Tour with Transport' option, please specify your hotel upon booking
- Child life jackets not provided
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Cancun Vacation Experts
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms