- St. Lucia Distillers rum tour from Castries
- Tour the island’s only rum distillery with a knowledgeable guide
- Learn about the rum-making process and about the history of rum production in St. Lucia
- Taste several different rums and rum liqueurs
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from North Island included
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
What To Expect
Meet your 'Rum Ambassador,' the distillery's specialized guide, for your behind-the-scenes tour of the distillery. Several different brands of rum are manufactured here, including Chairman's Reserve Spiced Rum, 1931, and Admiral Rodney. Learn about the rum-making process, from sugarcane to finished product.
Visit the 'rum buffet,' to taste several distinct rums and liqueurs, including Marigot Bay Liqueurs' chocolate orange and coconut flavors. Ask your guide if any additional premium rums are available for tasting; the selection varies by the day. Take this opportunity to purchase any standouts to bring home with you.
Then head to Castries Market, a 100-year-old farmers market, for a chance to purchase spices, fruits, or locally made souvenirs.
After enjoying your tour steeped in the culture, history, and taste of rum, head back to Castries for drop-off at select hotels.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age to consume alcohol is 18 years old
- Please note: Hotel pickup and drop-off included from North Island hotels ONLY. If you are located in a South Island hotel you will need to arrange for your own transportation.
- CLOSED SHOES ARE REQUIRED FOR THIS EXCURSION.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Barefoot Holidays
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by St Lucia Rum Tasting and Tour.