- Gros Piton Nature Trail hike on St Lucia
- Visit the Fond Gens Libre interpreter center to learn about the flora and fauna
- Hike a moderate to strenuous trail to the summit of Gros Piton
- Discover the caves and rock shelters of Anse L'lvrogne Canyon
- Admire views of its volcanic twin peak, Petit Piton, and the Caribbean Sea
- Learn about the fascinating history of St Lucia from an expert guide
- Round-trip hotel transport from your North Island hotel
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 45 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Upon arrival at Fond Gens Libre, named for the freedom fighters who used the area as a hideout during the 18th-century slave rebellion, meet your guide at the nature interpretation center. Peruse the center's exhibits to learn about the wildlife and native flora found in the area, which will be helpful later to identify those species on your hike.
Start up the Gros Piton Nature Trail with your guide, the first section of which is a moderate trek around the base of the mountain. As you wind around the mountain, enjoy panoramic views of the Caribbean Sea and Choiseul Village. Look for local birds, some of them rare, like the St Lucia black finch and the St Lucian oriole. At Anse L'lvrogne Canyon, explore the hideouts, tunnels and caves that were used by freedom fighters centuries ago.
The second part of the climb is strenuous, and suitable only for those in good physical condition. The summit of Grand Piton affords fantastic views of the entire island of St Lucia, as well as the twin peak of Petit Piton in the near distance.
After the 4-hour round-trip hike, return to the coach for transportation back to your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Confirmation for this product will be received at time of booking
- The roundtrip hike to climb Gros Piton is approximately 4 hours
- Please Note: This tour is recommended for the physically fit only. You may climb only part way if you wish, as the top half of the climb is quite strenuous. This climb is not for those who suffer from heart ailments, are pregnant, suffer from a serious walking disability or have a fear of heights.
- This tour requires a minimum number of 6 passengers to operate. There is a possibility that the tour may be canceled after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be provided the option to take the tour on an alternative date or be refunded in full. It will be necessary for you to call 48 hours prior to your departure date to reconfirm (contact details provided on your confirmation voucher)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Barefoot Holidays
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff