- Explore Colombo's top attractions during a city Tuk Tuk tour
- Weave through Colombo's notorious maze of alleys, pedestrians and buses aboard your nimble ride
- Visit Colombo monuments like Wolvendaal Church and Independence Square
- Shop for street food snacks and souvenirs during a stop in the busy Pettah neighborhood
- Discover Colombo religious sites like Sri Kaileshwarm Kovil and Gangaramaya Temple
- Small-group trip is limited to a maximum of 12 guests
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Continue aboard your motorized ride as you check out city sights like Colombo Harbour, the Fort Clock Tower, Colombo Lighthouse, and the President’s House. Then pass by Chatham Street, a now-trendy area that was off-limits for many years due to Sri Lanka’s civil war. Proceed from there to Pettah, a Colombo neighborhood that’s known for its diverse range of market stalls and the Red Mosque. Stop for 20 to 30 minutes to grab some street snacks or shop for bargains.
As your nimble tuk tuk ducks and weaves in between people, buses and bikes, you’ll zoom onward to visit Wolvendaal Church, a colonial-era Dutch structure that dates back more than 360 years. Take a look at the church’s collection of old tombstones from the city’s historic Dutch governors and then have a talk with the church keeper, who can share insights into city history and culture.
Head next to Sri Kaileshwarm Kovil (Captain’s Garden Hindu Temple), the main worship site for Colombo residents, and then proceed to Independence Square, the location where Sri Lanka proclaimed its independence from British rule in 1948. Make the last stop of the day at Gangaramaya Temple, one of the most important Buddhist temples in Colombo.
Explore the architecture and paintings of this religious site before cross the street to Bera Lake, where you can learn more about the some of the contemporary issues like pollution facing city residents. Finish the trip with a drop-off back at your original starting point at World Trade Center.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A maximum of 12 people per booking
- As the tour visits temples, please do not wear shorts or sleeveless tops. Given the climate in Colombo, light, breathable clothes and fabrics are recommended.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- As the Delta variant of COVID-19 has proven to be highly transmissible and poses significant increased safety risk, effective September 1, 2021, travellers aged 18+ must produce proof of COVID-19 vaccination on Intrepid Urban Adventures tours. Children aged 6-17 must present a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery, or proof of vaccination. View full policy at urbanadventures.com/vaccine.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Urban Adventures - Sri Lanka
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Colombo City Tour by Tuk Tuk.