- Evening bike tour of Colombo with a private guide
- Explore Independence Square, home to the Kandyan-style Memorial Hall
- Pedal around Galle Face Green and see the Galle Face Hotel
- Includes bike, helmet, safety glasses, and reflective vest, plus snacks and refreshments
Departure & Return
D.S.Senanayake statue in Independence Square, Colombo 07
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Admire Colombo’s landmarks as you hear about their history, and watch the city lights flicker to life as dusk falls. Along the way, break for energy-boosting snacks and refreshments.
Start at Independence Square, home to the Independence Memorial Hall, built to commemorate Sri Lanka’s independence in 1948. Note the traditional architecture modeled on Kandy’s royal palace, and continue to Colombo Racecourse, an elegant colonial building converted into a mall.
Learn how its grounds were used as a World War II airstrip, and visit Victoria Park, now called Viharamahadevi Park. Pass the elaborate Gangaramaya Temple and restored Dutch Hospital complex of shops and cafes, and check out Slave Island, a district where the Portuguese and Dutch held African slaves.
Pause at the Grand Oriental Hotel and Clock Tower Lighthouse, and peep inside the tiny jail cell where Sri Lanka’s last king was incarcerated in 1815.
Then, head for Galle Face Green, the seafront park cleared by the Dutch for cannon placements. See the kite-flyers and evening strollers here, and admire the imperious colonial-era Galle Face Hotel before finishing back at Independence Square.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A minimum of 1 person per booking is required
- Minimum age is 10 years
- The safety of all guests while on tour is of utmost importance to us. All guests must agree to strictly abide by all instructions and directions given while on tour by any instructors
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Lakpura LLC
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Night Cycling from Colombo.