10 to 12 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Experience the charms of Galle and Sri Lanka’s southwest coast on a day trip from Colombo, with an expert driver-guide. View endangered turtles at the Kosgoda Turtle Hatchery; see the stilt fishermen at Weligama; and explore UNESCO-listed Galle Fort, where 17th-century ramparts enclose colonial buildings, museums, and shops. Learn about Galle’s maritime history, and visit Talwatte's simple-but-moving Tsunami Photo Museum to chart the impact of the 2004 disaster. Before returning to Colombo, enjoy lunch and discover Bentota Beach.
- Day trip to Galle and Sri Lanka’s southwest coast from Colombo, with an informative guide
- Visit the Kosgoda Turtle Hatchery to see endangered sea turtles being cared for
- Take photos of Weligama’s stilt fishermen, who fish from poles lodged in the sea
- Explore 17th-century Galle Fort, a fortified complex of colonial mansions, museums and arty shops
- Witness the devastation of the 2004 tsunami at the Talwatte Tsunami Photo Museum
- Stop for an included lunch at a local restaurant
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel or port pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
As a permission of Sri Lanka Tourist Board, Pickups should be Level 01 Hotels (Safe & Secure Certified)
- Bandaranayake Intl Airport, Colombo Sri Lanka
- Colombo Port
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is require
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Note: Itinerary is designed according to time availability. Sanota Walkers will not responsible for any deviation as per client’s/Chauffeur request.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Lanka Tour Host Pvt Ltd.
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Galle Full-Day Tour?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Galle Full-Day Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Galle Full-Day Tour?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Galle Full-Day Tour?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "The walk to Jungle Beach is a little tricky so wear good footwear." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Galle Full-Day Tour
10 to 12 hours
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsPort Transfers Bus ToursAirport & Hotel TransfersPorts of Call ToursFull-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsShore ExcursionsLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingTransfers & Ground TransportColomboShore Excursions - NegomboPort Transfers - NegomboBus Tours - NegomboAirport & Hotel Transfers - NegomboPorts of Call Tours - NegomboFull-day Tours - NegomboShore Excursions - KalutaraPort Transfers - KalutaraBus Tours - KalutaraAirport & Hotel Transfers - KalutaraPorts of Call Tours - KalutaraFull-day Tours - KalutaraShore Excursions - BentotaPort Transfers - BentotaBus Tours - BentotaAirport & Hotel Transfers - BentotaPorts of Call Tours - BentotaFull-day Tours - BentotaCategory