Are you interested in?
36 Tours & Activities
Food & Drink
148 Tours & Activities
How to Spend 2 Days in Chania
0 Tours & Activities
6 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Face masks provided for travelers
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Visit the family mountain home of a local Cretan for a completely authentic evening of cooking, eating, and cultural exchange. Begin your visit with a walk through the vegetable gardens, where you harvest ingredients to use in your recipes. Learn traditional dishes from your hosts, and hear the stories behind each dish. Enjoy a walk through the mountain paths with views of the Aegean Sea. Sit down to a meal you helped prepare, including local wine and a sweet dessert.
- Enjoy an intimate cooking class and meal in a family home
- Take home digital photos and recipes to commemorate your visit
- Understand the foundations of Mediterranean cuisine and culture
- Explore the Cretan mountainside and get fantastic views of the Aegean Sea
- Round trip transportation from your Chania hotel
Saved to wishlist!
The popular Cretan Cheese-pies
English speaking, local driver/guide
Wine & Food tasting
Transport by air-conditioned minivan/minibus
Small-group cooking class
Use of apron and cooking utensils
All ingredients for your lunch
Recipes & photos taken on tour are sent electronically via e-mail
Departure & Return
Departure PointGS Tours Chania, Episkopou Chrisanthou 37, Chania 731 32, Greece
Traveler pickup is offered
• 15:40 – Kriti hotel (For hotels around Koum Kapi neighborhood, East old town and Chania city center)
• 15:45 – GS Tours offices (For hotels around East and Central old town/harbor, Chania city center)
• 15:55 – Talos Square – Hand fountain (For hotels around West old town and harbor, East Nea Chora)
• 16:00 – Sunny Rent Car (For hotels in Nea Chora)
• 16:10 – Xenios Dias and Golden Beach central parking (for hotels around the Golden beach and Agioi Apostoloi)
• 16:25 – Hotels of Kalamaki, Stalos, Agia Marina, Platanias, Maleme, Tavronitis
• 16:45 – Hotels in Kalives
• 17:00 – Agioi Pantes village
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is comfortable clothing - good shoes
- Please check the pick up areas before you book this tour.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY GS TOURS CHANIA
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during The Real Cretan Cooking Experience?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during The Real Cretan Cooking Experience?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during The Real Cretan Cooking Experience?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during The Real Cretan Cooking Experience?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Product code: 14529P13
Explore Similar Things to Do
Unique ExperiencesCooking ClassesClasses & WorkshopsFood, Wine & NightlifeUnique ExperiencesCreteUnique Experiences - HeraklionCooking Classes - HeraklionUnique Experiences - Cyclades IslandsCooking Classes - Cyclades IslandsUnique Experiences - DodecaneseCooking Classes - DodecaneseCategory
Imbros GorgeBalos Beach and LagoonKournas LakeAmazonas ParkVenetian WallsLoggiaArkadi Monastery (Moni Arkadiou)Historical Museum of CreteKourtaliotiko GorgeMarathi BeachAgios NikolaosCretaquarium (Thalassokosmos)MaliaRethymno (Rethimno)Elafonisi BeachStar Beach Water ParkAncient ApteraOld Venetian HarborLimnoupolis Water Park (Aqua Creta Limnoupolis)Archanes