4 days (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Combine hiking and biking on this 4-day tour to Machu Picchu through the jungles of the Andes. Opt to add rafting and zip lining to fully take advantage of Peru's landscape. Travel with a small group, which ensures personalized attention and an intimate experience. All equipment, nightly accommodations, meals, and transportation included.
- Discover the jungles of the Andes on a 4-day tour to Machu Picchu
- See the ancient Inca citadel in the early morning
- Upgrade your tour to include activities like ziplining and rafting
- A small group ensures a personalized experience
Saved to wishlist!
Cuzco Accommodation Pick-Up
Van Cuzco - Malaga High Pass
Round Trip Tourist Bus Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu
Tourist Train Aguas Calientes - Ollantaytambo
Bus Ollantaytambo - Cuzco
Professional Bilingual Guide on trek & Machu Picchu tour
2 nights Basic Guesthouse Accommodation (Santa Maria & Santa Teresa)
1-night 3* Hotel Accommodation in Aguas Calientes
Meals: 3B/3L/3D/3 snacks with typical menus in local restaurants
Mountain Biking Equipment (bicycles, helmet and gloves)
First Aid Kit & Emergency oxygen bottle
Day 1 breakfast and day 4 lunch
Guide for bus and train transfers (these portions are on your own)
Optional Rafting Trip and Canopy Zip-Line
Hot Springs Santa Teresa (20 soles)
Optional train transfer from hydroelectric station to Aguas Calientes (28 USD)
Optional Huayna Picchu Trek (at an extra cost) must be booked at least 2 weeks in advance
Optional Machu Picchu Mountain Hike (at an extra cost) must be booked at least 1 week in advance
Cuzco Accommodation Drop-off
Accommodation in Cuzco
Tips (Please remember that tipping is 100% optional and depends entirely on the service you received. It is customary to give tips in Latin America, however it is NOT mandatory. If you do wish to give a tip, these are our recommended guidelines.) Guides: 40-60 soles per guide per trekker
Note: In 2017, the Peruvian government may require a trekking permit for the Machu Picchu Jungle Trek. If this is approved, the rates will be around: 133 Soles ($USD 41) Adult and 67 Soles ($USD 22) Student
Note: Prices for optional activities are subject to change at any time without prior notice. Please confirm these prices before departing on the trek.
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Please confirm your pick-up address with Bamba Experience at least 1 week prior to departure
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Minimum age is 7 years
- SUGGESTED PACKING LIST: Bring or Rent in Cuzco: hiking poles, rain pants, rain poncho, trekking boots, sandals, warm socks, sweater, thermals, hat, gloves, sun hat, sun block, sun glasses, flashlight/torch, camera, extra batteries and memory card (there is limited to no electricity available during the trek), waterproof bags for your camera, hand sanitizer, personal first aid kit, water bottle. Bring extra cash for snacks, water, gatorade which doubles or triples in price along the trail. Bathing suit for hot springs in Santa Teresa Village (this activity is available at an additional price).
- All travellers are required to visit the Cuzco office one day prior to departure for a mandatory briefing on your trek. At this meeting you will receive detailed information on the route, a list of what to bring, confirm your accommodation pick-up for the morning of the trek and be able to ask questions.
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This is a moderately difficult hike, with a few long hiking days combined with multi-sport activities such as mountain biking, river rafting, and/or zip lining. We recommend you to be physically fit for the trip.
- ACCOMMODATION: Single travelers will share a room with another traveler & Couples will have a private room.
- Note: Accommodation options are very limited along the trekking route for the first 2 nights in Santa Maria & Santa Teresa villages. Most places have very basic, rustic facilities, rooms often share a bathroom and sometimes do not have hot water. However, we always choose the best available option
- Monday, Wednesday & Saturday (Daily departures with a group of 4 or more)
- Important: You must provide the following information upon booking: Full name (exactly as it appears on the passport), Date of Birth, Nationality, Passport Number, Date of Passport Expiry - Must be valid for at least 6 months past the date of travel. Without this information, the local tour operator will be unable to make the booking. Please be aware that your complete and correct passport information must be provided. Absolutely no modifications can be made once your booking has been confirmed. Any changes or discrepancies in the information provided will result in a complete loss of permits and entrance tickets, for which you will be held responsible and will need to pay for again
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- You will have a guide during the trek and on the Machu Picchu tour. However, during your bus and train transfers you will not be accompanied by a guide.
- If desired, an extra night in Aguas Calientes town can be arranged. (Please let us know whether you would like to stay an extra night when booking your tour.)
- Brief History of Machu Picchu & Advice: Machu Picchu was (relatively recently) "discovered" by American historian, Hiram Bingham, in 1911 while searching for the legendary "lost city of the Incas". Hiram Bingham and his local guides stumbled across the site which was then covered in thick vegetation which was later cleared revealing the magical mountain-top archaeological site and opening up the possibility for archaeologists to conduct research on the site by 1915. Whether arriving via Inca Trail or entering from Aguas Calientes don't miss the excellent photo opportunities from the following spots: Hut of the Caretaker of the Funerary Rock (a restored building with a thatched roof), Sacred Plaza with views of the Cordillera Vilcabamba in the distance and Rio Urubamba below. Take a short walk out to the Inca Drawbridge (30 minutes) and Inti Punku (45 - 60 minutes) for great views of the site as dawn breaks and the clouds lift over Machu Picchu.
- DON'T FORGET THE ESSENTIALS: Original passport, visa (if applicable), insurance card, personal medications.
- Travellers who booked their trip using one passport, then renewed or replaced it afterward, must carry the old passport they used to make the booking or a photocopy with them on the trip.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Bamba Experience Inc
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the maximum group size during 4-Day Machu Picchu Biking and Hiking Tour from Cuzco?
This activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers.
See all safety measures taken by 4-Day Machu Picchu Biking and Hiking Tour from Cuzco.
See all safety measures taken by 4-Day Machu Picchu Biking and Hiking Tour from Cuzco.
Product code: 11413P35
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursRail ToursSporting EventsBus ToursArchaeology ToursNature and WildlifeMulti-day ToursExtremeMountain Bike ToursWalking ToursWalking & Biking ToursMulti-day & Extended ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingCusco4WD Tours - Sacred ValleyRail Tours - Sacred ValleySporting Events - Sacred ValleyBus Tours - Sacred ValleyArchaeology Tours - Sacred ValleyNature and Wildlife - Sacred ValleyMulti-day Tours - Sacred ValleyExtreme - Sacred ValleyMountain Bike Tours - Sacred ValleyWalking Tours - Sacred Valley4WD Tours - Puerto MaldonadoRail Tours - Puerto MaldonadoSporting Events - Puerto MaldonadoBus Tours - Puerto MaldonadoArchaeology Tours - Puerto MaldonadoNature and Wildlife - Puerto MaldonadoMulti-day Tours - Puerto MaldonadoExtreme - Puerto MaldonadoMountain Bike Tours - Puerto MaldonadoWalking Tours - Puerto Maldonado4WD Tours - ArequipaRail Tours - ArequipaSporting Events - ArequipaBus Tours - ArequipaArchaeology Tours - ArequipaNature and Wildlife - ArequipaMulti-day Tours - ArequipaExtreme - ArequipaMountain Bike Tours - ArequipaWalking Tours - ArequipaCategory
Inca Quarry TrailAusangate TrailInca Museum (Museo Inka)San Pedro de Andahuaylillas (Sistine Chapel of the Americas)Pisac Indian MarketSalkantay TrailTiponPlaza de Armas (Huacaypata)Sacred Valley of the IncasAguas CalientesChoquequiraoAgricultural Terraces of MorayPlanetarium CuscoQ'enqo (Qenko)Belmond Hiram BinghamRaqch'iPisac Potato ParkPiquillacta (Pikillaqta)Cusco Historic Center (Centro Historico de Cusco)Mt. Putucusi